Long time no talk! Happy 2021, ha! Just when we thought 2020 was pretty crazy, well we were in for a surprise! Anyways, Happy New Year. I told you last year that I was going to take a break. Honestly, I thought I was going to be back in full swing last week and well, it didn’t happen. I’m here now though and I want to address a few items before we get back into regular content here on Simply Stine.
Last week was a tough one for all of us. I addressed this on my Instagram page, but I want to bring it up on here as well. What we saw happen in Washington was a horrible attack against our country and our democracy. I do not believe in any form of anti semitism, hate, or violence. I honestly couldn’t believe what I was seeing on television. It was a sad day for sure.
I am no expert when it comes to politics and I don’t expect you to turn to my blog for political information so I want to share a few profiles that I find very helpful in understanding a lot of what’s going on right now and more information on politics. No matter which way you fall on the political scale, I think these can be extremely useful and helpful.
I respect that everyone has their own opinions and beliefs and I’m all for that and encourage that, but seeing someone wearing a Camp Auschwitz shirt and all of the other things I watched, was a moment where I feel that I had to make it very clear how I felt on the subject matter. I will never be supportive of that type of behavior.
Coming To Simply Stine
- A new look! That’s right! Stay tuned!!
- More discussions on things I feel are important and worthwhile mentioning (sometimes uncomfortable as we’re dealing with a lot of uncomfortable issues right now)
- I’ll be sharing my favorites (books, beauty, and lifestyle) posts soon
- More recipes! I’ve been doing some testing in the kitchen and I can’t wait to share some recipes to hopefully inspire you!
- Makeup and Skincare reviews! I’ve been testing quite a few products and want to share them!