With Black Friday and Cyber Monday behind us, how about we talk about a day I am actually excited to share. Today is GivingTuesday. Ever heard of it? GivingTuesday is a day where we are encouraged to engage in acts of generosity. It’s a day where you can donate your time, your goods, your money, and your own voice. Basically, it’s a day where if you can give back in any sort of way, it’s encouraged.
How You Can Help On GivingTuesday
The podcast that I co-host, Influenced The Podcast, has a large female based listening audience. My partner in crime asked about giving back to a female-led organization and this is what sparked the idea for this post. Days that are about generosity and giving are days I want to share more of. Not just sales that lead us to shop just to shop. There will be more changes like this coming to Simply Stine in the future!
So how can you help on a day like GivingTuesday? Here are some ideas!
- Buy someone a cup of coffee. Maybe pay for the person behind you while you’re at your coffee shop. (Influenced The Podcast shared a Starbuck’s card for our listeners)
- Donate to an organization! Our podcast made a contribution to Planned Parenthood and also to the Joyful Heart Foundation. Reproductive health rights and help for sexual assault/domestic violence victims are something we wanted to contribute towards.
- The Humane Society is another great organization to give to. I personally make donations to my local facility and also donate monetarily throughout the year.
- What about an organization like Dress for Success?
- Give your time! Have you thought about donating our time before? I want to do more of this next year. Maybe volunteer at a local food bank, nursing home, etc.
- Want to use your voice for good? Find organization like Change.org or DoSomething.org
- Donate blankets, scarves, gloves to local homeless shelters (also blankets to animal rescue groups!)
- Donate goods! I work with two organizations that come to my house and pick up items that I donate. I am able to donate clothing, household items, books and more. Find an organization in your area!
- Maybe you aren’t able to donate money right now, but what about your talents? Maybe you’re able to help out in some way and offer your help to others. It doesn’t always have to be about money.
- Christmas is right around the corner and a lot of families will be needing help. I am working with my SIL to help a family of six and also two other children who are in need of christmas gifts and some food for the Holidays. Visit your local Salvation Army, church, etc to see if there are families in need in your area!
There are so many ways in which you can help and remember that it doesn’t always have to be just giving money! Have ways in which you help? Share them below! I’d love to see how you participated on GivingTuesday!