Today’s weekly chit-chat My niece turns four years old today. I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday: she came out with so much hair on her head, she looked just like her brother (spitting image) and I couldn’t believe I had another niece to fall in love with. Since I pick her up from school daily, today we’re doing a few special things just for her. As she says: “We’re best friends” and I gotta celebrate my best friends.
Vacationing After A Hurricane In Florida
Last Thursday we left for Florida. I wasn’t sure we were actually going to be able to make the trip because of the hurricane, BUT we were going to an area that wasn’t close to landfall of the storm. HOWEVER, we knew we’d see some rain and storms and boy did we.
We met my Aunt and Uncle in 30A. We ate some great food, hung out, and we got to the beach when we could. I enjoyed more than a few spicy margaritas and got to watch some of Ohio State’s first football game this season.
We got back on Monday night and it was back to normal on Tuesday. I always love visiting the beach. There’s nothing better.
So Long Summer…..
I believe the first day of fall is September 23rd, but in my world, the first day of fall is when Starbucks releases their fall drink menu. That first sip of Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew just hits differently. Right now we’re in what I call “fake fall” where it’s still 90 plus outside, but we have random days where it’s cooler outside. I’m ready for the real deal fall.
Some things on my wishlist for fall:
- Wearing pants like this pair without sweating to death
- I’m loving any and all striped half-zip sweaters
- Give me all of the dark nail polishes
- I love these Highball glasses and think that the orange, merlot red, and green colors are beautiful for fall.
It’s Currently In My Cart Or On Order
- Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty is currently happening. DO NOT ask me how many times I’ve shopped the sale.
- A few more of the Solo Shadows from Merit (I have two that I was sent and they are incredible)
- I’ve followed Taylor Wolfe for years (she’s so funny) and I pre-ordered her book which releases next week!
- Dan Pelosi just released a brand-new cookbook and I’m dying to get my hands on it!
- I just ordered this new Ninja Foodi PossibleCooker Pro. The amount of things one “pot” can do is incredible.
- This Champagne Pumpkin is gorgeous and I can’t wait to add it to my mantle decor.
If You Need A New Show To Binge
- We got caught up and finished Jack Ryan. My husband and I really enjoyed it!
- Only Murders in the Building is pretty good so far this season! We laugh a lot and I’m trying to figure out who the killer is this season.
- I’m getting caught up on Sex and the City…I do still love the fashion. I’m not so sure about the show yet.
- I want to watch The Lioness. I’ve heard it’s amazing.
If You Need A New Book To Read
- Divine Rivals. Slight dystopian. An epic romance (OMG) War. Friendships. Incredible book.
- The Summer of Songbirds was my latest purchase at Sundog Books in FL
- Amazing Grace Adams by Fran Littlewood is Read with Jenna’s pick for this month and it looks amazing