First of all, Happy New Year!! It’s hard to believe that 2016 is over, but to be honest with you, I’m super excited for a new year and a little bit of a reset. 2016 was a year I’d gladly like to put behind me. Don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t all bad, but I definitely am ready for a fresh start!
I think that giving myself a set of goals to work on year after year is normally a bust. I end up doing great in the beginning and then I just kinda give up. I don’t want to do that this year. Instead I’m just going to go with the flow of things and keep on learning to do what makes me happy and do whatever it takes to help me get to the “place” I want to be in. That place by the way, would be a relaxed, happy and successful Christine. Not this stressed out, anxiety-crazed, workaholic that I’ve become this year.
2016 was a year that I learned:
- The power of saying no and to be ok with whatever happens!
- To say goodbye to everything that is negative in your life and that stands in your way!
- To set boundaries and really stick with them!
- To focus on yourself and know that it’s ok to make yourself happy
- That I want more out of my life and that’s ok
- That I need to put down my phone more often (social media is really overwhelming)
2017 will be what I make of it and I know that ultimately I’m in charge of my life. So I’m going to do my best to make sure that it’s the life that I want and a life that I’m happy with! 2016 was full of changes and honestly, I think that they were for the best! In fact, I see way more changes coming and I hope to start working on more changes for Simply Stine this year!
Thank you to everyone for all of your continued support and for sticking around here on Simply Stine. It’s brought me so much happiness and a way for me to connect with so many of you. I can’t wait to see what this year has in store! Happy New Year!