Happy New Year! Today is January 3, 2022. It even feels odd to type that, honestly. A lot of us are going back to work today for the first time a while. That also feels odd. I opened up my computer for the first time in I don’t know how long and to be honest, it was such an awesome break. The first full work week is always such a long one, but hopefully everyone will have a good week.
Are you setting goals this year? A lot of people aren’t and I get it. I’m setting some general goals to keep myself balanced and working towards the best version of me. They’re kind of generic, but I think they’ll help me throughout the year.
- More down time. Way more down time.
- More saying no and not being ashamed or worried about it.
- Try to get back in a groove where I enjoy cooking again
- Less spending for the hell of it. Being more aware of what I’m spending money on.
- More reading. I increased my goal to 75 books this year.
- Less focus on social media. More focus on my own content.
What To Try….
- This new cream eyeshadow from it Cosmetics looks promising! They have shimmer and matte available!
- I am still VERY into this hydrating facial mask. I put it on at least three times a week as my last skincare step and I wake up with plump, hydrated, glowing skin.
- My SIL got me this new cleansing balm for Christmas and I’ve been using it since. It’s really good! It removes my makeup and it leaves my skin feeling hydrated and not stripped of oils.
- I am LOVING this perfume brand. I have this scent as well as the Superdose scent. I got the smallest size (which is pretty big) It’s woodsy, without being too earthy smelling. It just gives off warm, woodsy vibes in the best way possible.
What To Read…
- I just started this book that is HEAVILY raved about online. I have high hopes.
- I can’t wait to dig into Colleen Hoover’s next release! I’ve already pre-ordered it.
- This book is released tomorrow and I’ve been seeing a lot of great reviews! A good murder mystery…
- I was gifted this reader’s journal for Christmas and think it’s darling!
- I always use Goodreads, but this year I’m also going to use this site! Goodreads is owned by Amazon and I was not aware of that…..
What To Watch…
- Queer Eye started again on Netflix and I can’t wait to watch it. This show always brightens my mood!
- Have you watched Emily in Paris season 2 yet? I’m hoping to start it this week.
- I’m three episodes behind on Yellowstone and I’m not happy about it. The season finale was last night so I’m avoiding all spoilers.
- I watched the new James Bond movie when I was in Ohio and I loved it. Had a feeling I would because well, Daniel Craig.
- The Harry Potter special on HBO. Did you sob like I did?
- Did you read Anxious People? If so, the series is on Netflix!
What To Eat…
- I wish someone could tell me, ha
What To Know
- This coffee mug I showed on IG was the most requested product from last week. I get it, it’s adorable!
- RIP Betty White. We lost a great one.
- I took down all of my Christmas decorations and now my house feels empty and blah.
- The Covid cases are rising at an alarming rate right now. Get vaccinated. Get your boosters. Take care of yourself! I’ve stocked up on hand sanitizer, masks, and am currently not going to restaurants again for a while.
- I got sucked into an Instagram ad and I am so happy I did. These are the only bras I’ve been wearing. So comfortable and a decent amount of support!
Happy New Year!
As always, some of the content included in this post will feature affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I make a small commission when you purchase using these links as well as when you click the Shop on Simply Stine. As always, thank you for supporting Simply Stine.