Happy New Year everyone! Hard to believe it’s 2019, but here we are! I’ve been enjoying the new year from my bed so far. Why you might ask?!? Because I caught the same cold/sinus infection that Rob had! So, here I am on a Saturday night, typing away at this post to talk to you about my word of the year for 2019. Which is….
So my word of the year for 2019 is consistent. I thought long and hard about this word and why I chose it. It’s not that I’m not consistent in my life, but some areas I could for sure improve. What parts exactly? I thought you might ask that. Let me explain.
- Consistent with work and producing the best content I can
- Consistent in taking care of me and my health
- Consistent in creating time for ME and what I love to do
- Consistent in planning dates and travel for Rob and I
- Consistent in working on improving my skills and knowledge for all areas of my life
- Consistent in scheduling and completing workouts, even when I DON’T want to do them
- Consistent with doing laundry because I am the absolute worst with this
- Consistent with setting a schedule for cleaning so I’m not doing hours at once
- Consistent with a budget and sticking with it (You’re welcome, Rob)
- Consistent with not putting things off and being more prepared
- Consistent in making my marriage a priority because it’s important
- Consistent in spending time with friends and family, even if it’s me making most of the effort
- Consistent in setting a daily schedule and sticking with it
- Consistent with eating healthier foods and preparing new recipes often. Instead of eating out constantly
- Consistent in spending less time watching tv, but still watching shows I love and not making myself feel bad for watching them
- Consistent with spending more time outdoors. I’m not a nature person at all, but I need more fresh air and sunshine in my life
- Consistent with exploring more parts of Georgia that I still haven’t been to
- Consistent with reaching out to more bloggers and developing more relationships with them
- Consistent with supporting women and encouraging them in all ways that I can
New Year, Improved Me
While I’m not doing resolutions per se, I’m working on sticking with my word of the year and seeing how it applies to all areas of my life. I’ve got my Erin Condren planner in place and I’ve made notes DAILY so I keep up with this. Even small changes require effort, but in the long run those small changes can add up to a lot!
I’m not telling myself I’m going to lose 100 pounds this year (I won’t) or that I’m going to walk four miles a day (probably won’t happen, maybe?!?) BUT I am telling myself to be more accountable and consistent with my life. I think that we all want a happier life that we’re proud and each year, I continue to try to do things to reach that. Hopefully at the end of 2019, I can look back and see what changes I was able to make and how they paid off in the long run!
What’s Your Word of the Year
I’m curious, did you make resolutions this year or did you chose a word of the year? Either way, I’d love to learn more about what you chose and why! I think by sharing, we can all learn a little bit more that might also apply to our life and how it can help us!