Happy Monday! Did you have a good weekend? Mine was pretty low-key, although I attended a baby shower (wore a mask!) for a friend. Since I was actually leaving the house, this had me dressing up, wearing makeup and I actually did my hair! It’s been a minute you guys. It felt nice to dress up a bit.
If you follow me on Instagram, you probably saw me putting together a few cheese boards and also making Stuffed Mushrooms. I LOVE making foods for entertaining and working on cheese boards might be my new favorite?!? I showed a little bit of the behind the scenes in my kitchen and got a lot of messages from people asking me to keep showing more of that content. No problems there! I love it.
Things You Should Know About…..
- Mario Dedivanovic launched his own line, Makeup by Mario, and it’s landed at Sephora. He’s an amazing, talented makeup artist who’s known for working with Kim Kardashian and for his Master Classes that he’s taught. I can’t wait to experience some of his product and see what I think!
- I bought this Who What Wear cardigan in the light purple shade and I am in love. It’s the softest material and it looks very J Crew without the $100 price tag. I think I’m going to order the beige color as well.
- Did you miss my picks for the October Simply Stine Book Club?
- Needing to send a card but don’t want to go to the store? First of all, even when I could go to the store, I’d still order from Postable. They have the best selection of cards, they fill out the card and mail it for you. It’s wonderful! If you wanna try it, sign up & use my coupon code MRUMN453PC and you’ll get $5 off any order over $20 (and I’ll get $5 in credit too). Thanks! Plus, it’s supporting the USPS!
- I picked up a new hair mask and tried it over the weekend. My hair felt super soft and I noticed less frizz and damage overall. I’m excited to see how much this helps my hair the longer I use it. Y’all know my love of Living Proof hair products….
- A new Instagram follow and I love his content. I need more inspiration when it comes to cooking nowadays.
- Have you watched Emily in Paris on Netflix yet? I’m starting that today!
- Rob and I watched The Social Dilemma on Netflix. I think because part of my job is online, I know a lot the statistics and tactics that social media uses. I don’t understand it all, but I for sure agree that there is a problem and that our phones now control our lives. People can’t put them down. I recently deleted my entire newsfeed on Facebook. It feels great! I want to work more towards less time online.
- I’m still obsessed with my Pura device. I go back and forth between the Volcano scent and the Pumpkin Chai. I love both, equally. For my next order, I’m getting the White Gilded Pumpkin and the Bamboo scent. They just released the Holiday fragrances as well! To save some $$$ use code SimplyStine2020 when you order. You’ll save money and I’ll get a fragrance in return.
- Want to stay up to date on the news, but am overwhelmed with it all? I can’t suggest #NewsNotNoise enough. She’s fantastic!
- I LOVE these new Maybelline Lifter Glosses. They are not sticky and really hydrate my lips. I have the colors Silk and Moon and I’m pretty much obsessed. I am not a lip gloss type of girl, either.
- A new-to-me foundation from Giorgio Armani that I am trying. It’s super lightweight, but the coverage is incredible! Right now, it’s on sale! I like the formula because it contains hyaluronic acid, so it’s also hydrating.
Hope you have a great week! Do you have any plans that you’re looking forward to? We are going to the pumpkin patch on Sunday and I plan to do lots of reading this week. YAY!
Chelsea Jacobs says
Looove that cardigan! I want to watch Emily in Paris soon!
I’m a sucker for a good cheese board! Lol. And I love Postable as well. I think I learned about them from you like over a year ago. I am definitely dying to try the Maybelline glosses now. I haven’t had a good drug store haul in awhile so this gives me reason to go!
The cardigan is cute and at a great price!! I tend to wear mine out each year, so why spend big $$ on them. Ohio definitely can be cold!!
I always vote! May not always like the candidates, but I go with who I think is the best choice!
The Giorgio Armani foundation sounds nice. What’s the easiest way to color match when ordering online??
I def need some coverage when I wear it. And hydrating would be an added bonus!!
I haven’t worn make-up or actually gotten dressed since March. You are inspiring me to put makeup on again!
Bought my Pura device today – thank you! Went with Volcano, Sunday Morning, and Amber Oud. There were so many I wanted but I figured I can always order more 🙂 Off to read about the books now!
[email protected] says
YAY!!! There are so many fragrances that I want to order. I’m trying Bamboo and Gilded Pumpkin next.