It’s time for our weekly Monday Chat! Seriously, how is it Monday already? It’s like I blinked on Friday and BAM, it’s Monday. This wasn’t the most productive of weekends and honestly, I didn’t even get a chance to be lazy and read that much. Instead, we’ve been dealing with some cat medical issues that have kept us rather occupied.
Saturday Rob and I had a date night. Now let’s be serious for a moment and talk about date nights. When is the last time you and your partner actually went on a date?!?! I bought tickets to the Symphony to see music from John Williams performed by the Atlanta Symphony. Think Star Wars, Harry Potter, Jaws, Indiana Jones, and more.
I had just gotten my hair done earlier that day (had the most gorgeous, flawless hair) and I added a little bit of makeup to myself. Well, IT POURED ON US. Like I was drenched, Rob was soaked, my hair was a mixture of hair spray and rain, and my dress was so wet, I had to go and ring out the water in the bathroom. Not quite how I pictured our evening, but the music was fantastic!!! Also, my makeup didn’t budge!!! The products I think helped were:
- Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Setting Powder My friend Jenny Sue Makeup (Makeup Artist, great to follow!!!) recommended this product and so far, I’m really impressed with it!
- Morphe Setting Mist I normally use the All Nighter Setting Spray from Urban Decay, but I decided to pick this up when I was at Ulta recently to give it a try. I really like this setting spray! I think it’s great and budget friendly!
We also started watching Fleabag on Amazon. It’s pretty funny! We have one more episode left for Season 1. It’s not the funniest show I’ve ever watched, but it still makes me laugh. I’ve heard season 2 is a lot better! Have you watched it?!?
What Caught My Attention
- Mini fragrance sets are often my favorite because I get to experience more than just one fragrance. This is one I really want!
- Do you have dry lips? Then you need this ASAP!
- I want this eyeshadow palette SO. MUCH.
- I just purchased this 2 piece mug set and I’m obsessed (Will probably purchase these as they are 15 oz)
- I received an advance copy of this book and WOW. Think Handmaid’s Tale, Hunger Games and dark fairytale. It’s available for purchase October 8th!
- I’m trying to forget it’s 93 outside today and remind myself that I’ll be able to wear cozy clothes soon! THIS piece has my attention!
- Winners of the Allure Readers Choice Awards for 2019
- RMS ‘Un’ Cover-Up Cream Foundation launched and I want to try it!
- This Hourglass Scattered Light Glitter Eyeshadow Set is GORGEOUS
- Felicity Huffman’s daughter will retake the SAT’s
- Demi Moore wrote a book and I want to read it!
I’ll be surviving this week by counting down the days until it’s not almost 100 degrees outside! SERIOUSLY why is it so hot still?!?! I did nothing but sweat this weekend and I’m over it! I want to be curled up in a cozy blanket, drinking a hot cider and watching a corny Hallmark movie. Soon, I hope!