I sat down and decided to write a totally different blog post than what I was intending on writing tonight. So instead of sharing my latest makeup products I’m loving (we’ve got plenty of time for that) I’m actually going to share some of the “things” that are bringing me moments of peace and joy. I was actually inspired by Steph who shared this on Instagram recently!
I won’t lie, this season of life I’m in right now is a roller coaster. That’s life some days though, right?!? I shared recently that we are dealing with some health issues. Plus, I seem to keep getting sick every other week and I think it’s just my body telling me to SLOW THE F DOWN. Point taken.
So today I’m going to talk about my moments of peace and joy. Things that just make me smile. Things that can turn a day around for me. What is bringing me happiness and making the not-so-great days a little better.
Brings Me Happiness
- Clean laundry all put away
- Zyrtec (the pollen..omg)
- A cold diet coke, preferably from McDonalds or Chick-fil-A. (Light ice aways)
- Clean makeup brushes ready to use
- My Kindle Paperwhite. I love it so much.
- The Harry Potter Soundtrack. I’m listening to it now. It just calms me so much.
- The fact that Ted Lasso is about to start again. #Believe
- Getting into bed. AC on 65. Book in hand.
- Redbubble for stickers. OBSESSED.
- Dried Mangos have been my snack of choice lately.
- Olipop Probiotic Soda. Lemon Lime. Tropical Punch. Grape. So many good flavors.
- Putting my phone down. Shutting off social media. Sometimes I’m just over it.
- Sitting in my car with an audiobook playing, drinking an iced coffee, with the AC on.
- My book journal. So much happiness creating it.
- When my husband surprises me. Even something little. The best.
- Cards in the mail. Sending and receiving.
- Texts from friends and family checking in.
- My brand-new (dream) espresso machine I am in heaven.
- Books. They’re just amazing for escaping for a bit.
- Finishing a task that you were dreading (and turns out it wasn’t that bad!)
- A clean office. A Clean makeup desk. (Simply Stine headquarters can be a shit show really quickly)
- Lighting a brand-new candle (Thanks, mom!)
- Audiobooks. Specifically supporting Libro.fm who work with small, independent book stores!
- Seeing my nieces and nephews laugh and just be happy.
- Soft, buttery leggings that just feel the perfect amount of cozy.
- Tombow pens and markers. The absolute best.
- 30A. One of my absolute favorite places.
- Ilia Lip Treatment Mask. I use this every night and my lips have never been softer.
- A rainy Sunday afternoon. Preferably a little cool outside. Perfect reading day.
- A stroll in my hometown with my mom. Eating at the rootbeer stand, stopping in at my favorite coffee/candy shop, and the local bakery. Ordering an apple fritter. Always.
What brings you moments of peace and joy?
Theresa Bodey says
Enjoy the candle!
Rootbeer stand just opened!!
Winans is always yummy!
Love it when you’re happy. ❤️
Sorry your pollen is so bad already. 🤷🏻♀️
Spring is officially here if it’s open!