It’s February 20, 2023 and to be honest, I have no idea where February went. It’s been a bit since I’ve sat down and shared a Monday Chit-Chat on here, but I knew I was going to sit down and make this happen today. Did you have a good weekend? I was busy doing “adulting” activities like going to the grocery store(s) and sitting in traffic on the way to the meat market for a good chunk of the afternoon. I meal prepped a bit and made a sunday roast for dinner. It was a productive weekend at least.
What didn’t I get to do? Read. It was just one of those weekends where I barely opened a book and I’m bummed about it, BUT I plan to make up for that this week. I’m listening to Remarkably Bright Creatures on Audiobook and I’m trying to get into The Snow Hare, which I downloaded from the library. I love a good WWII story, but this one I am struggling with. I’m hoping as I go on it picks up a bit.
It was also absolutely gorgeous outside this weekend. I got outside and walked for a bit and just enjoyed the sunshine. We’ve had so much rain recently that I sometimes feel like I’ll never see sunshine again. I wish we could stay in the 70’s year round (with no humidity) because I’d be so happy to be outdoors more often.
Happening In My Life….
I haven’t talked about this at all really, but we recently took my FIL to the hospital because he was having chest pains. After numerous doctors appointments and tests, he wasn’t having a heart attack or stroke, BUT they did find some nodules on his lungs that he needed to have looked at. In a crazy turn of events, they actually found lung cancer. So they removed a portion of his lung, lymph nodes, and the nodule that was cancerous. After that surgery, they diagnosed him with stage 3A lung cancer as the cancer has moved to other lymph nodes. So we got the first surgery completed (he’s doing great so far) and now it’s onto bloodwork and MRI’s of his brain and back. After all of this, they’ll come up with a treatment plan aka chemo more than likely.
Crazy to think that if he hadn’t gone to the ER because of chest pain (which we think was a panic attack) that he wouldn’t have known any of this was happening inside of his body. He’s not a smoker, he’s not had any issues with a cough or anything. He’s 74 and in pretty good health considering. This is why I’m always so adamant about getting those check ups that we put off. You just never know.
So if you’ve noticed I haven’t been posting as much or interacting online as often, this is why…..
Beauty I’m Loving (or skipping)….
- I picked up this mascara that everyone loves and I’m kind ehh on it. I will say that it’s fantastic at not giving me raccoon eyes (It’s a tubing mascara) but as far as lengthening and such, it didn’t do much. I have short, straight as can be lashes. If you had longer lashes with some fullness, you might enjoy this mascara. I’ll keep it and wear it in the summer.
- I’ve been using this lightweight, but buildable foundation again and loving it. It covers my imperfections and balances my complexion, but I can still see my skin. It’s more of a lightweight to medium coverage. It works with my combination skin so nicely.
- This has been my daytime moisturizer I have used before makeup and my skin is loving it. Just enough hydration and the finish is great. I’m a big, big fan of this one. I can totally see myself repurchasing. This is the gel-cream version, but they do make a heavier one that I might pick up for night time.
- Temperatures are going to be getting warmer this week. So, I need to stock up on shaving supplies. My ride or die shave oil. It can’t be beat.
- I used this Dr Jart mask over the weekend and my skin is thanking me. It is so good when your skin is really dry or inflamed. I keep this mask on hand. This isn’t a slimy sheet mask either, it’s cream based. It sits right on the skin and feels like a heavy duty moisturizer or face mask.
Books and Audiobooks To Read….
- Did you read my latest reading list? I shared all of the books I read in January!
- This book has been on my radar. Set in the mountains in Southern Appalachia, a coming of age story that so many people have raved about.
- I recently picked up this romantic comedy from Tessa Bailey, who is a hit or miss author for me. I’ll report back.
- I recently gifted this Reese Witherspoon book club pick to my Mother-In-Law. She said it was great! A psychological thriller.
Fashion To Check Out….
- LOVING these high-waisted wide leg pants. I think these will be a great piece paired with a tank, fitted t-shirt or a linen button down when the temperatures warm up a bit.
- This dress will be a Spring staple. So easy to dress up or down.
- Athleta is having a major sale! This is a great time to stock up on items in your size at a major sale. I found several sizes on sale for under $25.00 (normally over $100)
Entertainment To Know….
- Hello Tomorrow! is a show on Apple TV+ I want to check out! I love Billy Crudup.
- I also want to check out Shrinking starting Harrison Ford and Jason Segel. It’s been getting great reviews.
- We finally finished the first part of You. I enjoyed it, but I thought it was a fairly predictable this season so far? I’m excited to see where it goes in the part 2.
- Yes, we’ve been watching The Last of Us on HBO. I’m still unsure how I feel about it. I’m an episode behind.