I’ll admit that I’m not much of a breakfast person, but I’ve come up with a great Green Juice Recipe that I’ve been loving as an alternative! It’s cold, refreshing and it is so simple to make. It’s an easy way for me to get a lot of fruits and vegetables that I sometimes might not get into my diet.
I’ll admit that I used to see people talking about Green Juice Recipes and I’d seriously roll my eyes and think about how gross it must have tasted. I couldn’t have been any more wrong. My Green Juice Recipe is simple but delicious and I want to share it with you so you can give it a try!
Green Juice Recipe
- Handful of Ice
- Strawberries, 1/2 Banana, Pineapple, Peaches, Mango, Blueberries (Any fruit that you’d like to add)
- I sometimes squeeze fresh Lemon Juice or Orange Juice
- Fresh Ginger, Fresh Parsley
- A handful of Spinach, Kale, Chard (I mix it up, but I have found a bag that has a mixture of all of these)
- Chia Seeds or Flax Seed Oil (Totally optional, but you can make them even more healthy!!)
- MCT Oil (Be careful when using this at first. Start slow otherwise you can have some not-so-fun bathroom issues)
- Water (I use Coconut Water) Add more for a thinner consistency or less for a thicker smoothie
I add the ingredients to my Vitamix (which I can’t say enough good thing about!) and blend away until it’s all smooth. This smoothie gets so many fresh ingredients into my body in such a small amount of time that it’s the perfect on-the-go breakfast for me or even as a snack when I’m hungry but want to keep things on the healthy side. With winter on its way, that generally means lots of colds and sickness. I feel like sneaking one of these drinks into your routine is a nice way to get some good for you nutrients into your body!