Today I’m going to be talking about the Urban Decay Hydromaniac Glowy Tinted Hydrator Foundation. Whew, what a name! This is the latest foundation launch from Urban Decay and I ordered it as soon as it became available. I’m wearing the shade 20 which is Fair Neutral. This foundation claims to be a long-wearing foundation with medium coverage, glowy finish, and promises up to 30% more hydrated skin.
First of all I want to say how much I love the packaging. It features a squeeze tube which travels great and is just overall easier than a foundation bottle that has no pump. This allows you to squeeze the amount of product that you need, without pumping too much out. I love this because it means less wasted product.
Urban Decay Hydromaniac Foundation
- The foundation offers 12 shades to choose from (I’m in the shade 20)
- Light to medium coverage (In my opinion)
- Squeeze tube packaging
- They suggest applying a dime size amount with fingers and blending outwards
- Feature Kombucha filtrate which is said to help brighten the complexion and give a luminous glow to the skin
- Maruala Oil helps to hydrate the skin and help keep it hydrated
- Claims to be a lightweight formula that will help blur imperfections, minimize pores, and offer a medium coverage and radiant finish
- Great for dry skin types, if you have oily skin or combo areas, you will need to try it out
- Needs to be set because it is so balmy feeling on the skin when applied (in my opinion)
I would like to try this foundation with their Ultra Glow All Nighter setting spray. I only have the regular setting spray on hand, but I’m hoping to try this combination soon! I like the idea of a healthy, radiant finish. As for the pros and cons of this foundation:
- The color match is great for me (I’m curious if this will work for darker and lighter skin types or not as there are only 12 shades)
- It gives a beautiful finish to my complexion
- The coverage is really good in my opinion and it’s blendable
- Since it is hydrating, I do use this under the eyes. I’m a risk taker
- Not a bad price point at all
- It does feel pretty tacky on the skin so I have to set it with setting powder or spray
- In my combination areas, this does tend to get pretty oily. I just blot and I’m fine
Overall, I’m really impressed with this foundation. It took me a bit to figure out how to best apply it for my skin, but I’ve got the hang of it and how to get it to work with my skin. I feel like this has great coverage that’s buildable, but it DOES NOT give me cake face. I prime with my Glowscreen and then apply this. I can use my fingers and then I can use my beauty blender to blend it all out and make sure there aren’t any lines or anything.
I think this one (especially if you have dry skin) is a hit!
Oh! I saw this yesterday in your IG stories. I like that it’s long lasting, even through working out, which is pretty impressive for a foundation. Did you use a lot of it or does a small amount go a long way?
I think that a little bit goes quite a long way, depending on how much coverage you’re looking for! I find that using my fingers to apply it does seem to give more coverage than if I use a blender at first!
Stacie Hamilton says
I will definitely try this one. I like simple hydrating foundations. Thanks for your review!
Try it and let me know! I’m also curious about the new Wet n Wild Hydrating Foundation.