First of all, I have to wish my mom a happy birthday! I was supposed to be in Ohio with her today to celebrate, BUT life happens and we weren’t able to make it there. So mom, if you’re reading this, Happy Birthday! I’ll see you soon!
Second thing to talk about is that I haven’t posted in a while. I went on vacation. I got back and just felt like I needed to still be a bit unplugged. I’ll have a post on our Disney and Universal experience soon as I’ve had lots of questions about it. We had a great time, but I for sure have some tips!
What have I been up to? Well we just celebrated Easter yesterday. I got to see my niece and nephew hunt for eggs. It was so cute seeing them run around finding them and going through all the candy! I got my niece this Minnie phone and she loved it. It came with two credit cards and we pretended we were going shopping and we’d swipe the credit cards. “Cha-Ching”
- I’ve been using this tinted moisturizer (even took to Disney and LOVED IT) and I think it’s my favorite that I’ve used. Great color match and really loved the formula.
- This cleansing balm is under $20.00 and I’m loving it! The brand sent me one to try (not sponsored or being paid to promote) and it’s incredible at removing makeup!
- I LIVE for a good Tubing Mascara and the Hourglass formula is my favorite. It doesn’t leave me with racoon eyes like most traditional mascaras do (especially when it’s hot out) I tried the Caliray Come Hell or High Water Volumizing Tubing Mascara. People have said they love it more so than the Hourglass.
- I think the Caliray Mascara is ok. I think the formula is more “wet” than the Hourglass. I like my mascaras a bit more of a dry formula, so this could be more of a situation where the longer I have it, the more I like it.
- The Caliray Mascara doesn’t flake or smear on me at all! So that’s a total plus.
- Will report back!
- I LOVE this fragrance for Spring and Summer so much. I plan on getting a full size of it again. It smells so good and every time I wear it, someone asks me what fragrance I’m wearing.
- This sunscreen is my go-to when I want a makeup look without any makeup. It’s a tinted sunscreen so not only is it offering you a bit of color (not a lot) but it also makes the skin look so radiant!
- I LOVE the Bum Bum Cream from Sol de Janeiro BUT I saw a dupe going around for it so I tried it and I think it smells almost exactly the same. The Sol de Janeiro is maybe a bit heavier of a cream, but the Tropic Glow from Tree Hut, smells so good and is a lighter cream. Both are hydrating and smell incredible! Also, MAJOR price difference.
- I wore this dress on Easter and it was so comfortable!
- I ordered this bra from Athleta and loved it! It’s currently on sale! Great for HIIT, Cardio and just keeping the girls up! HA!
- Wore this tank at Disney when it felt like it was 1000 degrees outside and it was incredible. Didn’t make me hot. Didn’t feel drenched in sweat. Didn’t cling. Highly suggest! I ordered the 2x and it was slightly oversized, but I could have sized down if I wanted more of a fitted style.
- Someone I follow on IG suggested this $5.00 shirt from Target. So I ordered three of them (in different colors) and it’s super soft and perfect. One was on sale for $3.50! Total score.
- When I was a teenager, Abercrombie & Fitch was THE brand to wear. I can’t wait to watch this documentary on the brand.
- Part of Your World by Abby Jimenez releases today! I had an advanced copy of it and really enjoyed it! This is a part of a series, but could be read as a stand alone. You just won’t know a few characters backstory.
- This book releases on May 3 and I can’t wait! Emily Henry is one of my go-to authors!
- I’ll Be You by Janelle Brown releases April 26th. I really enjoyed her previous book, Pretty Things.
Food and Recipes
- Bacon Grease Salad…yep. My SIl family makes this (although, I’m unsure if they make the dressing or not)
- Chipotle Chicken Tacos are on the menu for this week ( I want her latest cookbook, she’s fantastic!)
- Made Banana Bread again! This recipe is always a winner in my house.