Happy Thanksgiving! I can’t believe that it’s already Turkey Day. Anyone else?!? I want to talk about thankfulness for a moment. I actually wrote this post last night (but you’re reading this today, Thanksgiving) after spending HOURS at several grocery stores and then spending hours in the kitchen preparing for today. I enjoy cooking and preparing for everything, but dang it is so tiring.
Most of you are probably doing one of the following:
- Driving to your in-laws, friends or other family members house to celebrate Thanksgiving (or you’re already there)
- Exhausted because you’ve been preparing for Thanksgiving for days (Cleaning your house, grocery shopping, preparing the food, spending time with family members who have traveled, etc)
- Stuffed from consuming too much Turkey (or will be soon) and Dressing #TurkeyComa
- Downing yourself in wine to keep yourself sane around all of your family (I get it, I do)
- Watching or ignoring the Football game that’s probably blasted on the tv #GoBears (Anyone else notice just HOW LOUD the tv gets when men watch?!?)
I’m Thankful For So Much…
It’s the time of year when things get a little bit (or a lot) chaotic and crazy. We’re sometimes forced to do things we really wish we didn’t have to and we can forget about what really matters the most, not just this time of year, but everyday of our lives. Maybe Thanksgiving is just a time to remind yourself of everything that you’re truly thankful and grateful for….
- Be grateful for your family. Even though they might drive you freaking crazy, they’re your family. Make time to spend with them. Sure, it might be a bit of an inconvenience BUT again, they are your family. I’m thankful for all of my family and the memories that we create together year after year. Make time for them. Travel to see them. Make plans with them, even if it’s just a weekly dinner or some time to FaceTime. Family is everything y’all.
- Friendships are sometimes hard to come by as adults so make sure that you’re putting everything into your friendships that you DO have! Friends are just like family and while you might get busy with work, kids and life; a good friendship will be understanding of that. Rely on those friendships for support and love. Laugh with one another. Spend time with them and really remember just how fortunate you are to have them in your life!
- Being able to have this blog as my job is honestly so rewarding. Sure, it’s hard (many late nights) as hell and sometimes and I fall into the comparison trap from time to time, wondering if I’m good enough or doing enough, but being able to help women remember the true meaning of beauty and sharing my story, hopefully inspires others really means everything to me. I started Simply Stine a long time ago, as a scared woman afraid to share my story and press submit, BUT I had faith in myself and I did it!
- My Husband because without him I’d be so lost in life. He’s been my biggest supporter of so many things in my life and has encouraged me along the way at times when I needed it the most.
- Being an Aunt. It’s one of the most amazing honors that I’ve had in my life. Yeah, it’s totally an honor to be because I love forming relationships with each one of them. Spending time with them and creating memories is the best!
- I’m thankful for the hard times because they’ve showed me that I have what it takes to get through extremely difficult situations. While they aren’t easy, they’ve taught me a lot about myself, what I can handle and just how strong I can be!
- Being a blogger, I have to say that I’m so thankful for all of my “online” friendships I’ve had the privilege of having in my life. Whether they are there to help with blogging questions or to help me with just everyday life, they are some of the most amazing friendships that I appreciate so much! #WomenSupportingWomen
I could honestly go on and on about everything that I’m thankful for, but I think you get the point of this post. I’m not posting about Black Friday deals or anything today, but I just wanted to say that I really am so thankful for many things in my life and one of the biggest things that I’m thankful for is all of your continued support. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on Simply Stine. Your likes, comments and messages really mean everything to me.
I hope that you have a Happy Thanksgiving! Take some time (and everyday) to remind yourself of what you have in your life to be thankful for. I think you might be surprised!!! What are you thankful for?
Here are some posts that caught my attention this week!