Welcome to the Sunday Chit-Chat! I hope that you’re having a fantastic weekend! I’m doing some work tonight (it’s Friday when I’m starting this post) and working on getting caught up and dare I say a little bit ahead, which feels awesome. Since I haven’t been home, I’ve been a bit behind in a lot of things and that’s ok. It happens.
I flew home last weekend from Ohio. I had been in town helping out since my SIL delivered my nephew. He’s happy and healthy and she’s doing great. I helped take my niece to school, pick her up from school, and help out with stuff around the house. He’s precious and man does he look like his daddy, aka my brother.
What else is going on? I voted early. It took me about an hour and a half in line, but we did it! Rob and I worked on updating our budget and let me tell you, that’s a FUN way to spend a Saturday (Massive amounts of sarcasm.) OMG. Have you ever looked at how much you spend at Target? Or on dining out? How about the grocery store?!? We’re trying to review our finances and update our budget for the end of the year. Taking a look at how you’re spending your money is EYE OPENING. #Adulting
- This Saie Highlighter has been my go-to for radiant looking skin. It’s not heavy (feels like water on the skin) and it leaves my skin GLOWING. This is two bottles for $22.00. Such a great buy!
- My SIL sent me a message saying she ordered this Youth To The People Set and I wanted to share it because it’s a great buy! I love the hydrating mask and I’m curious about the other two.
- I just re-ordered this Tula Face Mask because I LOVED it. My skin felt so hydrated and plumped when I used it. I applied it overnight as the last step in my night routine OR I used a bit of it before applying makeup.
- This new Mario Eyeshadow palette is now officially on my wish-list. This is stunning!
- My mom got a sample of Living Proof new Triple Bond Complex Leave-In Hair Treatment and I tried it, loved it, and ordered the full size. This helps strengthen hair and repair damage. I love that I don’t have to rinse it out! My hair felt so soft after I used it the one time, so I’m excited to see what happens the longer I use it.
- This NARS Cheek Palette is so beautiful. I love these because it’s all the blush colors I could want all in one palette.
- I just bought this Pecan Pie-In-A-Jar . I LOVE this pie filling. It’s so, so good and I buy it every year. Just add to a pie crust and bake. Trust me, it’s so good.
- This is my go-to Holiday candle to have burning at home around the holidays. It smells so good. It’s time to order another one. It’s citrusy and woodsy. Pomegranate, Pine, and Cloves.
- This candle set sold out super fast last year and it’s back again! You get five mini candles and one certificate to redeem for a full-size candle (one of the mini ones that were in the set) This makes an excellent gift set as well as a gift for yourself! I LOVE the Maison Louis Marie No 4 Candle so much.
- Love browsing Crate and Barrel’s new Holiday releases. Always one of my favorite shops. Yes, I’m ready to start decorating. I need to put together my Thanksgiving decor for the table and start thinking of what I want to do for Christmas.
- My Policeman is out on Amazon Prime Video now. I have the book, so I need to read it so I can watch the movie. I’m really excited to watch this.
- Did you see the news about the book that Prince Harry Duke of Sussex wrote? You better believe that I pre-ordered that one.
- If you love Harry Potter, then you might want to read Tom Felton’s latest book. This is on my christmas wish-list for sure. Tom played Draco, fyi.
- I’m getting caught up on tv shows I watch:
- The Patient was so good, but I’m not sure of the ending. Steve Carell was excellent.
- Handmaid’s Tale has me hooked. I do think the series needs to end soon though. June’s faces drive me crazy.
- I just started From Scratch and have cried a TON. This is a book!! I’ve purchased the book because the show is blowing me away.
- When I was in Ohio, my SIL and I BINGED Escaping Polygamy and 60 Days In. WOW is all I can say.
- I finished Tell Me Lies. Will there be a second season?!?! Read the book. Much better. Still enjoyed it.
- Finished House of Dragon and LOVED it. I’m so excited for the second season. Great show.
- I want to start the second season of The White Lotus.
- We watched The Watcher and I enjoyed it, but thought the ending fell flat. I’ll take Naomi’s wardrobe though. She looked stunning.
Have a great Sunday! We’ve got the Big Green Egg going (smoked pork for tonight and leftovers for the week!) and I’m working on finishing up some work, cleaning up a bit, and getting ready for the week ahead. Also, Christmas Gift Guides and some Holiday recipes will be going live this week if all goes well. Fingers crossed.
Make sure to vote!!!