To me, no Holiday meal is complete without a bowl of creamy macaroni and cheese. I’m talking extra cheesy, buttery and delicious. I want it gooey. I want it loaded with cheese. (Sorry Mom, I know you hate cheese, ha) I’m not looking for low-fat recipes when it comes to my favorite Macaroni and Cheese recipe. Nope. I want it loaded up with all of the good stuff so I can DEVOUR it!
For a macaroni and cheese recipe to be considered a good option, I need it to be the following:
- Not from a box
- Not from a refrigerated container
- Have at least two different cheeses included
- A variety of noodles can be accepted
- Even better if it contains Whipping Cream
- Gimme some butter
After careful review and probably hundreds of trial and errors, I finally found THE best recipe for macaroni and cheese. I believe it’s from a BBQ restaurant in Atlanta that someone duped. Wherever it’s from, believe me when I say that this is the best macaroni and cheese recipe I’ve ever tried. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make and every single time I prepare this and serve it to our guests, it is always the one recipe that people comment on the most.
Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) box rigatoni pasta
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare rigatoni noodles according to package directions, but add a good bit of salt to the water. Once cooked, drain but do not rinse the pasta.
- Transfer pasta to a large mixing bowl. Add half the cheddar, monterey jack and parmesan cheeses, as well as the heavy cream. Stir well to combine, season with pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9"x13" casserole dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheeses on top and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
If you’re looking for a gooey, buttery, creamy, rich macaroni and cheese recipe, look no further my friends! You’ve found it! This baked mac and cheese recipe is so easy to throw together last minute and it is seriously impressive. Call this recipe whatever you want; gourmet mac and cheese, simple mac and cheese, baked macaroni and cheese, southern baked macaroni and cheese. Bottom line is that it’s the best macaroni and cheese recipe that you’ll ever make!
Leave a Reply