There’s been a lot me saying “It’s just one of those days...” recently. Anyone else? There’s also been a lot of eye rolling, shaking my head, sighing A LOT, laughing, crying, and just being genuinely confused. Honestly, I feel a little bit like Hagrid via PS1. Remember that gif?!?! That’s been me most days.
As I’m writing this, it’s early and I’m tired and irritated because I didn’t get a lot of sleep last night. I read for a while, which normally relaxes me, but not last night. Instead, I tossed and turned in bed, but finally fell asleep. Woke up a couple hours later and then basically tossed and turned some more. I refuse to lay in bed when I can’t sleep, so I just got up and here we are.
To top off the morning, our internet keeps going out as well. #FUN
I spent the entire day yesterday thinking it was Friday and it wasn’t until last night around maybe 6:00 where I realized it was in fact Thursday. This happens a lot to me because I don’t go to an office to work. My husband works from home also. We sometimes feel like we have no concept of days anymore. All days feel the same basically during the week.
It’s a new month. A new beginning of sorts. I know a lot of us are doing our best. We’re trying to figure out this crazy world we’re living in right now. Some of us are handling it better than others, that’s for sure. I see so much hate online. Don’t even get me started on Facebook.
Here are some things that I’m doing to try to lift my spirits up and trying to not feel like a drained monster everyday.
- Light a candle (or three)
- Listen to music (Very into jazz and Harry Potter at the moment)
- Read (you already knew this, lol)
- Drink all the Pumpkin coffee and not apologize once for enjoying them
- Playing Animal Crossing is a bit like therapy for me. It’s so relaxing
- Sending random snail mail to friends and family
- Paying it forward when at Starbucks
- Enjoying a good face mask and hair mask
- Pool hangs while it’s still warm out
- Baking (I’ve made five pies recently) and gifting them
- Enjoying homemade popcorn and watching Yellowstone (which I finished and wow)
- FaceTime with my nieces and nephews
- Experimenting with new recipes (on days I actually feel like cooking!)
- Sleep when I’m tired and not be ashamed to sleep a lot if my body needs it
- Remind myself that it’s ok if I’m not wearing makeup and getting dolled up daily.
- Go for a walk outdoors. Even if it’s ten minutes.
We are living in odd times right now. I’m trying to remember that and to give myself grace if I feel like I’m having an off day. I hope that you’ll do the same. If you need to turn off the news and not look at social media, then by all means, do it! If you are like and have no clue what day it is anymore, just know that I’m right there with you!
It’s ok to have bad days. It’s ok to enjoy the good ones though, too!
What are some of the things that you’re doing?