This past weekend was honestly a complete blur. I know I probably say that every Monday, but I don’t know what happened last weekend BUT I felt like I got nothing accomplished?!? Anyone else have weekends like that? I’m spending this Monday morning playing catch up today and hoping that I get a lot accomplished!
Super Bowl LIII
One thing I DID NOT do was go anywhere near downtown Atlanta. Yes, I live in the suburbs of Atlanta, but I have experienced traffic at it’s absolute worst and I felt like the Super Bowl might be another one of those experiences. Did it look fun? YEP, but I was happy and content to stay at home and watch the festivities online and on tv.
Did you enjoy the football game?!? What about the halftime show?!?
Being that it was Super Bowl weekend, I had to prepare some football snacks. I didn’t go all out like I normally do, but we still had some good food to enjoy! I made a homemade caramelized onion and bacon dip that was really good! We ordered takeout from our local BBQ restaurant and had Pork, Chicken and Brisket Sliders. I also ordered some smoked chicken wings. We normally make them ourselves on the Big Green Egg, but this weekend was about getting caught up and relaxing a bit. #TakeOutForTheWin
Family Time and Chinese Food
I got to see my BIL, SIL and my adorable Nephew. You guys, he is the funniest little guy and he is also obsessed with our “Goo Goo” aka Google Home. He knows he can ask it commands like:
- “Hey Google, What does a horse sound like?” and then every other animal he can think of
- “Hey Google, play King and Chick” aka Real Gone by Sheryl Crow. He is obsessed with the movie Cars and loves to listen to the music
- “Hey Google STOP” if he doesn’t like a certain song
- He can have us read him Moana and follow along on the Little Golden Book, as Google plays background music as we read. Just say “Hey Google, let’s read along with Disney.” So cute!!!
We went and had dinner at PF Changs, which I rarely eat at?!? Sometimes chain restaurants are fun to go to. I’m obsessed with noodles and Mongolian beef. Plus, their lettuce wraps are AMAZING! YUM! It reminded me I need to make lettuce wraps at home again and share my recipe!
Beauty Finds At Sephora
My SIL had to make a pit stop at Sephora to pick up a couple of things. Obviously, I looked around the store and found some products that caught my eye. Also, I have to get my SIL to do the My Five Favorite Beauty Products post because she has a great eye for beauty products!
My SIL swears by this moisturizer and if you saw her skin, you’d run to get it. She has great skin, so I always pay attention to what products she’s using.
Now formulated with fruit-derived AHAs from grapes and sugar beets, this overnight hydrator sloughs off dry, dead layers of skin. Plus, vitamins B, C, E, H, and calcium help support and nourish skin as you’re lulled to sleep by essential oils of neroli, valerian, and vanilla. You’ll wake to refreshed, resurfaced skin.Origins
So this was my second attempt at seeing this foundation in store, but it still wasn’t there. The Sephora website shows that it is available in-store, finally, so I’ll have to make a third trip to see this foundation in person.
I’m a little torn on what color to get AND I want to get a sample to see how this wears before I purchase it. I love Hourglass foundations and I’ve read really good things about this new release. It’s supposed to be a very full-coverage foundation, but you need to use just a very small amount. I’m curious.
I LOVE adding eye patches into my skincare routine. I think that they are so beneficial, especially to those of us who get puffy and just need a pick-me-up occasionally. These retail for $22.00, but there are six pairs so that makes them under $4.00 each use. Not bad! These eye patches caught my attention because of their ingredients:
– Caffeine: Depuffs and energizes the under-eye area.
– Seawater and Lavender: Soothes and Calms.
– Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract: Soothes and calms redness.
They didn’t have them at my store (go figure) but I did see them available at others. I’ll probably just order online. If you’ve never used an eye mask before, I highly suggest giving them a try! They require little effort and can do wonders for your eye area!
This is another product inspired by my SIL. She recently purchased this shampoo and conditioner and says that she really likes it. I have used the
What I’m Reading
I promise you I’ll be back with another book post probably next week. I’ve read about six books so far this year, and I’m finishing up another by Maddie Dawson called Matchmaking for Beginners. I’m really into it right now and I can’t wait to see how it ends.
Also, if you are wanting to listen to a podcast about books (and other funny bits) I HIGHLY suggest Bad On Paper Podcast. I enjoy listening to Grace and Becca so much and I feel like I’m sitting around chatting with two gal pals.
My weekend went by fast and I didn’t get as much accomplished as I had hoped to, but that’s life! I plan on making up for it this week! Some things on the schedule for my week ahead are:
- A media event at a new Chicago Pizza restaurant! #YES
- Operation closet, office and bedroom clean out is still happening
- I’m forcing myself to cook at home every night this week so we continue to spend less on eating out. I have a post in mind to talk about this soon. Anyone else horrible at budgeting?!?
- Sharing a new post of a gorgeous eye color that made me swoon
- Putting together another skincare guide all about serums, acids, etc
- Making a trip to donate clothes and other items I no longer need
- Finish reading book and start another one
How was your weekend? Did anything fun happen or was it another blur for you as well? Let me know in the comments below!