How was your weekend? I hope good. I know a lot of you are dealing with some crazy weather and a lot of snow. In Georgia, we’re just dealing with cloudy, rainy days. Nothing too exciting. Which I guess is a good thing?!? I will say that I’m ready for some sunshine. I’m not ready for hot weather, but some sunshine will be good. Let’s get going on this weeks Monday Chit-Chat!
Rainbow Explosion Cake…
What did I do over the weekend? BAKE! I baked one of those Rainbow Explosion Cakes that I keep seeing everywhere. I actually ordered this Rainbow Explosion Kit for my niece for her birthday. It is insane expensive, not going to lie. So I wanted to see how hard it would be to do myself. Truth: It’s not hard. It’s just a bit time consuming, but I could totally see most people being able to do this themselves. I added some sprinkles and m&m’s in my cake and made homemade buttercream icing. I had a lot of leftover cake (I had to cut some of the tops off of mine to get them even) so I made some cake pops! Will I be eating all of ths? NOPE! Thank goodness my family loves cake.
To All The Boys: Always and Forever
Our time with Laura Jean and Peter has come to an end and to be honest, I am so sad about it. To All The Boys is a book series by Jenny Han turned Netflix series and I LOVED them. Laura Jean and Peter Kavinsky forever! I think the third movie was adorable and possibly my favorite. Even Rob watched it with me and he didn’t fall asleep….which says a lot if you know my husband.
Yes, it’s basic and slightly predictable, but that isn’t a bad thing! I just loved this book series (I need to read the third book) and am sad to see it finished. I do think the Netflix series was pretty much perfect. So if you need a cute, romantic, and heartwarming series to watch, here ya go!
Apps That I Use and Love
I want to do an entire blog post on this topic because I think we all have a set of apps that we use daily. They help us stay organized, on track, and creative. Here are a few of the apps that I use pretty much daily!
- Planoly is a social media scheduling app and I swear by it. If you’re a creative and want to spend LESS time on social media, use this app. You can see your entire feed and plan ahead. It’s great.
- Lightroom is an app I swear by. I’m always editing photos and I use both the desktop and the app pretty much every single day. It’s easy to upload presets for editing. I LOVE this app.
- Feedly is a new app download for me. It’s an rss feeder and so much more. I don’t know how to explain it but I love it. I use it to follow my favorite bloggers to keep myself up to date on their newest posts. You can easily add the Simply Stine feed to keep yourself updated on my new post!
- Tezza is a great app for editing videos and photos. I tend to use this one for stories a lot!
- I’m a firm believer in not having to slave over learning Photoshop. While I love Photoshop, it can be so overwhelming. I LOVE Canva and pay for their Pro version. It has all of my brand colors, fonts and logos all saved. The templates are amazing and you can do so much in this app. I use both the desktop and the app!
- Calm and Headspace are must-have apps for me. As someone with anxiety issues, I need a time-out often throughout the day and find both of these apps so important. I use both of these to help me sleep, to help meditate and to just give myself a time out from stress if I’m having a bad day.
- Reminders (just the iphone app) are something I use all of the time. I even have them show up on my watch face so I am never without them! I’m always adding to my list and they keep me sane and on top of things so I don’t forget.
I’ll share more of my favorites soon. I need to roundup what I think are worth mentioning and dedicate an entire post to the topic! I’d love to know what apps you find that you use daily!
Things you should know….
- I didn’t love the Lady GaGa oreos, sadly. I wasn’t a fan. They are pretty though!
- I’ve been adding these to my iced coffee for extra protein! They’re good!
- I love this massage bar and just used another one all up. I’m ordering another one asap.
- Oribe is now at Sephora. FINALLY! I’ve been using this shampoo and conditioner set as my scalp has been dry. I love it so far. (I do not recommend using this shampoo and conditioner daily, it would be too drying. Just once a week for me!)
- We all love the Capri Blue scent and now it comes in a dry shampoo! WHAT!!!
- Did you miss my latest blog post on Fake Famous? I have A LOT of thoughts on this documentary.
- Ordering this Star Wars book set for my Nephew for his birthday! He LOVES Star Wars and specifically Darth Vader.
- I started using this moisturizer as I ordered a trial size. It’s the perfect gel, lightweight but hydrating formula I need right now. It’s a 5-star rated product!
Have a great week and stay safe if you’re dealing with a lot of snow! Also, remember to tell yourself you’re doing the best that you can! See you next week for another Monday Chit-Chat!
OH i’m putting that SW bookset on my list for MY nephew!