Hello! I’m currently writing this blog post from Ohio! I’m in town because we are having a baby shower for my Sister-in-Law and my brother this weekend! I’ve done a lot of the prep for the party ahead of time, but I’m working on some last minute items that I need to finish before Saturday.
This is a very gender neutral themed party with greens and small touches to make it personal. Here are some of the ideas for things that we’ve been putting together.
- I made some acrylic signs for books, diapers, and food. There are tons of tutorials on Pinterest.
- I made a bookplate for the books that the guests are bringing. I think it’s a nice touch to be able to see who the book is from.
- I also made a welcome sign so the guests know where to go for the shower. I created it by using a template (and editing) that I bought on Etsy. I then had it printed at Staples. It was around $20.00. I then got a cheap frame and will sit it on an easel outside the door. I used this Etsy store for the template.
- We’re giving favors for the guests that are hearts that are seeds that they can plant.
I’ll take lots of pictures and will show the finished look next week! I’m so excited for her to see everything. Fingers crossed she has an amazing time and everything runs smoothly!
- Saie Slip Tint is still one of my go-to makeup products that I use almost daily. It offers VERY light coverage, but does offer some hydration and some added SPF benefits. It just gives a really nice dewy complexion.
- I mentioned this Kerastase Oil previously and after buying my own bottle and using it for a while now, I really like it! I live in Georgia and the humidity can be so severe, to say the least. This helps with my frizz and really gives my hair a nice shine. It can be a bit heavy, so I use like half a pump when my hair is wet and half a pump (or less) on the ends of my hair after I’m finished styling it.
- I just ran out of my favorite resurfacing mask, so another one has been ordered! This leaves my skin feeling like a million bucks. It helps exfoliate and leaves me with a really radiant complexion. Also love to layer it with this cleanser under the mask!
- I finished Carrie Soto is Back. It’s available to the public on August 30th. I LOVED the audiobook so much. I feel like this is extremely heavy on tennis, so keep that in mind.
- I can’t wait to read All Good People by Ashley Flowers. A twisty, thriller book that’s about unsolved murders and more. It’s gotten amazing reviews!
- Starting Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow (on audiobook) I’m pretty much unsure what this is about and have read it’s best to go into it blindly. That’s what I’m doing, ha. Friendship, Video Games!? I’ll report back.
- We finished Uncoupled on Netflix and I laughed so hard! Neil Patrick Harris is dumped by his longtime boyfriend and decides to date again. It’s funny and has tons about friendships, dating, and NYC, etc. Rob and I watched this in less than 2 days.
- I was really behind on The Morning Show season 2, so we finally got caught up! It was so odd seeing 2020 stories about Covid starting again, but interesting to look back at it again from a “news reporter’s” perspective.
- I ordered this dress to wear the the baby shower. It’s arriving today and I saw that now it’s an extra 50% off. OF COURSE IT IS.
- I also saw this dress and decided to give it a try because I loved the colors! This is something I can wear casually or also dressed up a bit.
- I’m a sucker for a gauze shirt. This is the prettiest pink pattern and a ruffle neckline with flutter sleeves.
Some links used in this blog post are affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, you’re supporting Simply Stine.