This past weekend I had a lot going on. We had my Niece and Nephew over for a sleepover on Friday! We went to Shake Shack, had Crumbl, and watched Turning Red. It was so nice out that we played corn hole, some baseball, and went on some backyard adventures.
On Saturday, we started the day with some McDonalds breakfast (sometimes a hash brown is necessary) and we celebrated my Nephew’s Birthday. He is Star Wars obsessed and my SIL did such an amazing job at the decorations. She’s so talented and puts so much time into everything. We spent the entire day with them and ended the night with a family dinner. It was a great day!
Sunday was a get caught up day. I wish I had been a bit more productive, but hey, that’s life sometimes. Some days I want to do everything I can so it’s done and others, I just want to sit on my butt and be lazy. Right now it’s Monday and I’m sitting on my screened in porch because it’s so sunny and beautiful outside. I’m working ahead for the week (I have a hair apt Tuesday! FINALLY!) and some other work obligations to finish this week.
- I’m out of a few things in my beauty routine, so I bought this Hyaluronic Acid and this Eye Cream. Both were under $20.00. Will report back.
- I’m going to be picking up the SuperGoop (Re) Setting Refreshing Mist for when we go to Florida. Normally when I’m there all I do is sweat my makeup off, so hoping this helps lock it in place a bit. Plus sun protection!
- Danessa Myricks has a new foundation out! This is a skincare-foundation hybrid foundation that offers a radiant glow. (Her product line is incredible!)
- Ulta is having their 21 Days of Beauty! Check their site daily for the deals. They’re normally pretty good. I always stock up on my favorite eye patches during the sale. I’m going to be sharing the daily deals on my Instagram account daily.
Be on the lookout for my Spring Capsule Wardrobe post coming Friday!
- J. Crew is having a sale. 30% off and an extra 60% off sales! This is always the time I stock up basics from them.
- Madewell is also having a 20% off sale for Insiders. It’s free to sign up and worthwhile!
- My friend Jenn had this dress on in one of her Instagram Stories and she paired it with a denim jacket and I loved it! They also make one of my favorite t-shirts! This brand just inspires me so much and I love supporting them.
- We finished Pam and Tommy and we loved it. I just felt horrible for Pam because as we all know, that situation hurts the woman most of all. I had no idea about so much of this story. Glad we watched it.
- I briefly got to watch parts of Turning Red on Disney+. I keep hearing stories about this movie causing quite a stir, BUT I don’t get it?!?!? Yeah, it deals with puberty and finding out who you are, but it also deals with a parents and their expectations they place on their children. These all seem like issues that would make sense to discuss??!?!?!?!
- Bridgerton season 2 is being released soon! I’m about to start the second book this week! I can’t wait for the music, the costumes, and the cast to be back again.
- We finally watched West Side Story on Disney+ the other day and it was incredible! I can see why it’s nominated for so many awards.
- I need to get on it to watch all of the nominees for the Oscars before the show airs on March 27th. I usually try to watch as many as possible and I’m incredibly behind this year.
- I finished Jennifer Weiner’s latest book that releases in May. I loved it! Just a heads up, it does touch on Covid. It’s a story about family drama and so much more. I think this is my favorite of hers so far!
- Josie Silver, author of One Day In December, has a new release out called One Night On The Island! I purchased this book, but I haven’t started it quite yet. I’m really looking forward to this one!
- I started The Atlas Six on audiobook. This book is so popular on TikTok, so I’m excited to see what it’s about. (Shared my Libro.fm referral link! It supports independent bookstores!)
- You Made A Fool Out Of Death With Your Beauty is high on my must-read (listen) list for Spring!
- Jodi Picoult wrote the book I have been obsessing over recently. Every chance I got I either read it or listened to it on audio. Yes it’s Covid heavy, but this story was just incredible! It’s the kind of book I can’t wait to recommend to others.
This post contains affiliate and referral links. If you click on my affiliate link, I will make a small commission, at no extra cost to you. If you click on my referral links, you will get a discounted and I could earn a free book in return. Again, all at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Simply Stine!