Back at it with another Tuesday Chit-Chat!
This past weekend was just beautiful outside. It was all sunshine and warm weather. This is probably fake spring as I like to refer to it, but I’ll take it! Rob and I celebrated our 15 year wedding anniversary on Friday. We had a staycation at a local hotel, enjoyed a crazy-good dinner with drinks, and finished off the night eating chocolate cake in bed. GLORIOUS. I woke up the next morning and went down to the lobby to get Starbucks and had a lazy morning in bed. We ate pizza outside for lunch, and then later that night, we celebrated my BIL’s birthday! On Sunday we sat on our porch all afternoon. It was 77 outside and the sun was shining. I listened to an audiobook and also read this book off and on all day.
Such a good weekend.
- I needed lotion so I picked up the Summer Fridays Nourishing Body Lotion at Sephora. It’s super light, but it leaves my skin super soft. It says that it’s fragranced, but it is so light that I barely notice any scent. It’s not greasy at all and I think this will be a great lotion for the summer!
- I’ve got my eye on this brand-new shampoo from Briogeo. Perfect for dry scalp!
- Thoughts on the new Gwen Stefani makeup launch? GXVE by Gwen Stefani is available at Sephora.
- Speaking of Ulta, there’s a free 11 piece beauty kit with any $60.00 online purchase and it’s a pretty good freebie! (I always try to buy at Ulta if I can because their reward points are just so incredible compared to other stores)
- This brand-new NARS Summer Unrated Eyeshadow Palette is so gorgeous!
- I got this purse (in a different color) and I really do like it! The leather is stiff, so there’s not massive amounts of room, BUT it’s a great bag.
- I saw someone wearing these jeans so I had to order them to try. I did have to shorten them a tad, but they’re so comfy! I’m trying to embrace the mom jean style. This is a good ease into it.
- Ordered several pairs of these shorts from Athleta. They’re super comfortable and they have a zip pocket which I appreciate.
- THIS is fashion?!?!?!?!?!??!
- Enjoyed this book so much! I think I liked it even better than the first one in the series! Tessa Bailey is one of my go-to authors!!! We’ve got male sexualization issues, communication, intimacy, and characters working their issues out together! So good.
- Just got this new book from Rebecca Serle in my latest BOTM box! I LOVED her previous book so much. I’ve heard this one is fantastic!
- Be sure to check out the Kindle Book Deals! Even if you don’t have a Kindle, you can download the app! There have been some incredible deals on there that I’ve purchased! I recently got Seven Days in June for $2.99.
- Jennifer Weiner’s latest book, The Summer Place, will be released on May 10, 2022 I was sent an advanced copy and I’ve been reading it off and on and I’m now at the point where I’m hooked and can’t wait to find out what happens. Dare I say this might be my favorite book I’ve read from her in a while!
- The amount of information I learn from Sharon Says So…. If you want to know what’s happening in the world without a one-sided view.
- The backstory on that photo of the strollers….. This photo gutted me.
- Educators go on strike. Seeking a living wage, lowering class sizes. The work teachers do daily. We do not give them enough credit. I hear first-hand stories from people I know who are teachers.