There’s a lot happening in our world right now and it’s not all good. While we all have our daily struggles, the things we’re reading about happening to our teachers, our trans youth, and everything happening in Ukraine right now….it’s a lot to process. Not to mention everything with Covid.
I know a lot of readers tell me that they turn to the people they follow online as a sort of escape to the real world. I understand that everyone needs a break every now and then, but I wouldn’t feel right not sharing some resources and such to give you the opportunity to educate yourself on some of the topics I’m talking about.
What I share on Simply Stine isn’t monumental or life changing. I’m well aware of that. However, I do have a platform to share resources with you guys. If I’m going to be called an “influencer” I want to make sure I’m taking time to address what’s happening in our world right now because that’s way more important than a new lipstick release.
I sometimes struggle with putting out content right now. It seems so trivial when I look at the big picture. I know that we all need a bit of a break from time to time so I’m trying to keep things normal around here, but also not ignoring everything else.
- This is the latest concealer to be trending right now. It’s supposed to be super light but with high coverage.
I really try hard to follow accounts that share the news in an unbiased way. I just want to know what’s happening so I can keep myself updated and educated. I don’t watch really any tv news stations anymore. There are a few accounts online that I follow for updated news and coverage of what’s happening:
- Mosheh is a journalist I follow on Instagram
- Emily is another follow for me
- Sharon McMahon is such an incredible resource when it comes to all things government
- Former CNN Chief Jessica Yellin is also a great resource
- Audible is having a HUGE sale. While I will always prefer using Libro.fm, If money is an issue, there are some excellent deals available. I got five audiobooks for $23.00!
- This thriller book is for sure on my list to read! “As you patiently await season two of Only Murders in the Building, cozy up with Lucy Foley’s latest whodunnit.” — Parade That review made me want to read this because I loved that show!
- The Aziz Ansari special on Netflix was funny. It does talk about Covid, but still good!
- We finished Easy on Netflix. We loved it, but I did feel like it needed another season.
- Did you watch the Euphoria season finale? I’d love to chat if you did! DM ME on Instagram! I really do love the music on this show so much. I had no idea that Zendaya helped write it!
- Speaking of Euphoria, Angus Cloud is my favorite actor on the show. This interview was exactly what I’d expect as far as his answers, ha!
- I’m finally watching Pam & Tommy on Hulu. How they transformed her for the role is incredible!
- I’m still watching The Gilded Age on HBO. It’s kinda slow, but I’m still enjoying it.
Stay safe and have a great week!