After last week, a lot of us are still sitting with our anger, our frustrations and wondering what we can do. You’re not alone. So many of us are furious and looking for ways to make real change. I know at times, it can seem impossible, but hang in there. Be angry. Be so furious that you don’t stop until there is change. That’s what I keep telling myself when making uncomfortable phone calls to my representatives (I am so not a phone person, BUT you better believe I have been calling) and trying to find more ways of being involved, donating to worthy causes, and trying to understand all of this.
- I used up my entire Tropic Glow Firming Whipped Body Butter and I will be repurchasing. This smells exactly like the Bum Bum Cream (think tropical vacation) and it hydrates just as good, in my opinion. It’s so much less expensive and there is a body exfoliant to match the scent!
- I like to spray a leave-in conditioner in my hair before I go in the pool. Being a blonde, I try as hard as possible to not fry my hair and being in chlorine all the time isn’t great either. I ordered this new leave-in conditioner from Briogeo to try. Same formula as the mask that’s very popular, but now in a leave-in conditioner. Think hydration, detangler, and UV protection. Will report back.
- This brand-new moisturizer dropped from Youth To The People (a brand I LOVE) and it’s sold-out now, but once it’s back in stock, I will for sure be picking one up. Bonus points that it’s fragrance-free!
- Only Murders In The Building Season 2 premieres today! I loved season 1, and can’t wait to watch this season. A great show that kept me laughing and also wondering who did it!
- Westworld on HBO premiered this past Sunday. I can’t wait to get very confused again this season.
- I finally watched Good Luck to You, Leo Grande. First of all, Daryl McCormack. Just google him and I dare you to not drool. Anyways, this movie shines a light on sexual pleasure as a woman in her life after her husband has died and her children have grown up. Emma Thompson did an amazing job in this character and bravo for showing a real body!
- This book is loosely based on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry from what I’ve read and I’ve had it on my to-read list for a long time. It finally released today! It’s got mixed reviews but I’m willing to take one for the team to find out if it’s any good.
- Eilin Hilderbrand is one of those authors who I either love or am just ehh with when it comes to her books. She has a new release out now and I think I might pick it up. Her books are always a good summer read.
- My June Reading List will be out Friday, but have you read my May 2022 Reading List?