Tuesday Chit-Chat: August 2, 2022:
This week is off to a good start so far. I had a bit of a rough week last week as I had prep for my Colonoscopy. It all went ok and they sent some polyps to be biopsied. I’ll know more in a couple of weeks. I’m glad it’s over with and that I made myself schedule that appointment!
I’ve been busy working on cleaning up around the house, organizing my office, and going through my closet to do some more donations. Trying to stay ahead! I’m also working on some items for a shower we are throwing for my Sister-in-Law. Today I’ll be starting work on an acrylic sign for the entrance. IF it turns out (LOL) I’ll share the steps I took to create it. Fingers crossed.
- Laura Mercier just released a brand new lip crayon! The colors look beautiful and I’ve always loved the ease of applying a lip crayon. The reviews are good and it seems to be very hydrating!
- I need a new sunscreen for my face (I have my Glowscreen, but sometimes I like to take a regular one with me on the go for the pool, etc) and this has been raved about by people I trust. It’s supposed to be non-greasy and feels refreshing on the skin.
- I’ve been using this spray the entire summer and I liked the sample size enough to purchase the full-size product. I’ve used this on my sunburn, on my face if it’s inflamed and red and even just as a regular spritzer after I cleanse my skin in the AM and PM. It’s also great on areas where my eczema is inflamed.
- I’m partnering with Dia & Co again this month and one of my latest picks is this adorable tie dye dress that I am loving. It’s a great cover up as well as great for those super hot days. If you use code SimplyStineCo you’ll get 30% off your first purchase!
- I’m so in love with these bike shorts (and all bike shorts from this brand) and these are on sale. Wear with a tank, a cute oversized t-shirt or sweatshirt. Perfection.
- Husband Material is finally available! I read (and listened to) Boyfriend Material previously and loved the storyline. This was an automatic pre-order for me!
- I finally finished The Hotel Nantucket and I really enjoyed it for the most part! This was a great summer read and I think this was one of my favorite Elin Hilderbrand books that I’ve read.
- I got an advanced copy of Carrie Soto Is Back by Taylor Jenkins Reid on audiobook and I am so pumped. I got up extra early this morning to start listening to it and I’m two hours into it and LOVING it. Releases at the end of August!
- A bookstagrammer that I follow and adore posted about The Displacements, a book about a wealthy family who has everything, but suddenly has nothing when a category 6 hurricane hits them and changes their entire lives. I really want to read this one.
- We finished watching The Bear on FX and I loved i! I wasn’t so sure that I’d be into it when I watched the trailer, but I was so wrong. High anxiety look at what goes on in a kitchen in this fictional restaurant in Chicago.
- Are you watching Only Murders In The Building on Hulu? How are you liking this season so far?
- We started watching Uncoupled on Netflix. Neil Patrick Harris’ character is dumped by his husband of 17 years. He’s shocked and doesn’t get any answers. His two best friends try to help him move on and introduce him to the world of online dating, etc. It has definite SATC vibes as Darren Star was behind SATC as well. We have two episodes to go and both myself and my husband were laughing out loud.
Food and Entertaining
- I swear by my Cast Iron Skillet and taking care of it properly took me a bit to figure out. Here’s a great article with tips on taking care of your Cast Iron Skillet.
- You can’t go wrong with a good Cucumber, Tomato, and Onion Salad. Perfect for hot summer days.
- These Watermelon licorice bites are so good. They’re vegan and made without any high fructose corn syrup and have less sugar in them. These are addicting!
Some links provided in this post are affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase from one of the links provided, you will be supporting Simply Stine. As always, I thank you for your support.