Think Happy by Karen Salmansohn was a book that was sent to me for review and at first I didn’t think it would amount to much (I know, I’m quick to judge) but I was incredibly wrong. Let’s get one thing straight here, I’m all about some positivity and life-lessons lately. It’s like my soul craves books like this because I’m desperately trying to fill it with information that will better my life, my attitude and my heart.
This book is a collection of fifty peptalks that are instant mood boosters. Feeling down? Feeling overwhelmed and stressed? Dealing with haters? Then this book is for you! Seriously, if I could give this book to everyone I know, I am sure that about 95% would love it and the rest of the 5% are the ones that never like anything, ha! If you’re like me and your craving more positivity in your life then you MUST get this book ASAP!
I loved not only her advice in this book, but her beautiful illustrations. Seriously it’s such a gorgeous book! Each section offers five things to say to yourself about a certain issue. I loved each section, but the one I really adored was the five things to say to improve your self-love life. The first piece of advice was about how perfectionism is a form of self-abuse. If you read my blog, you know I just posted a piece on how I struggle with being a perfectionist. Her piece on that topic spoke so much to my soul!
“No matter how awesome you are, you won’t be everyone’s cup of tea-but no worries. You’ll be many people’s double expresso!”
“Happiness expert and Oprah columnist Karen Salmansohn presents a collection of 50 inspirational inner peptalks to boost your confidence, attitude, and mood. These peptalks are different than affirmations because they’re feisty, fun and memorable—and will thereby stick in your brain like a catchy song. You’ll naturally want to keep repeating them, thereby changing your neural pathways so you’re inclined to think positive thoughts, which lead to positive habits, which lead to a positively happy life!”
This was honestly one of the best books I’ve read in a long time. It’s about topics that we can all relate to at some time or another and the advice she offers is welcoming, humorous and encouraging. I also loved that it wasn’t super lengthy and each section was short and to the point. Think Happy was a great book to add to my collection and one that I feel I’ll pull out every once in a while when I need a good moment of reflection and positive advice! If you’re looking for ways to work on your confidence, courage, self-love or you just want some advice on how to be more positive in your day-to-day life, then this is an excellent book for you to add to your collection.
Book was sent to me for review purposes. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Sounds interesting! We can all use a self-pep talk, mood changer every once in awhile. Even more so if it touches on everyday life struggles!
Christine C. says
It’s a great book for sure! I loved the illustrations!
Lauren Will Sing For Makeup says
This sounds right up my alley! I love a good dose of positivity and inspiration! We all need some encouragement on every now and then.
Chelsea Jacobs says
This looks so cute!
One of my sayings is No Bad Days, so choosing happiness and thinking happy sounds right up my alley.