Last Minute Road Trip Beauty Essentials Blog Hop
It’s time for another Blog Hop with the fabulous ladies from The Beauty and Fashion Blog Community. This month we are talking about what 5 Beauty items we’d pack with us for a last minute road trip. To make it even more fun, we are to pick a destination that we’d go to. Somewhere close to where we live. This was right away a no brainer for me! So where am I going??
Join me as I “pack” for a last minute, unexpected quick trip to SAVANNAH!!
I live in Georgia and Savannah is about a 4 1/2 hour trip from my house. It’s the PERFECT weekend getaway. It has tons of amazing historic venues to look at, food and drinks galore, romantic strolls, rowdy River Street and is really close to Tybee Island which is a perfect little island getaway. I fell in love with the city over this past year. My brother in law and best friend chose Savannah as their wedding venue and we visited quite a few times. So I’ve packed these essentials before….
The rules of the post are that I can only bring 5 products with me. Thank goodness I don’t have to pick necessities like soap, shampoo and all of that. That’s already included. So I get to pick 5 beauty products outside of those items. I’ve tried really hard to stop myself from packing hundreds of makeup items when I travel. It’s hard, but for a quick get away, I don’t want to take an hour to get ready. I want to be done quickly, but still be presentable!
Here are the five items I’d take with me on a trip to Savannah:
1. Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream ($39.00)
It’s hot in Savannah. So I always want to make sure I’ve got a great SPF protection and some coverage for my face. I don’t want a heavy makeup, so a BB Cream is a fabulous option. I love this product from Smashbox. It’ s a fantastic product that gives you a good bit of coverage, without feeling heavy.
2. Josie Maran Argan Color Stick ($22.00)
I love this little stick! It’s a fabulous cheek and lip color all in one. Plus, it’s super hydrating on my skin. Argan Oil is fabulous for dehydrated, dry skin!!
3. Bare Minerals Mineral Veil ($20.00)
I love this powder in humid weather. It sets my makeup and makes sure my face isn’t oily and gross!
4. Clinique High Impact Waterproof Mascara ($16.00)
Waterproof mascara is a must have product if I’m going to be anywhere near an ocean or hot, humid weather. This one from Clinique does a great job! If I’m in a
5. Evian Face Spray ($9.99)
When it’s hot outside, I can’t stand to not have my skin hydrated. I love to keep this in my purse because it’s perfect to spritz, even on the go.
That’s what I’d take! Easy, simple products that will still have me out the door in no time, but still looking great. I didn’t post an eyeshadow and I’m ok with that. I’d rather have long, dark lashes and allow them to be the statement item on my face. I can always use the mascara as a liner if I really wanted to. Plus, in all honesty, if I”m going to do an eyeshadow in humid weather, I’d need an eye primer also. That’s two additional products right there! I could possibly have done without the Evian Face Spray, but it’s a product I always travel with to keep my skin hydrated.
What to do in Savannah?!?
Some of the pictures above are some of my favorite destinations that I’ve been to in Savannah. I figured I’d throw in a couple of my favorites of those too!
1.The Olde Pink House-Where my brother in law and now sister in law got married. It’s a beautiful historic home located right in historic Savannah. The food is AMAZING!! Make sure you go, even for a quick lunch! The picture above in the photo gallery is their ballroom. You can eat in there too! GORGEOUS and super romantic.
2. The Paris Market– My favorite place to shop while in Savannah. Everything “French” and then some is featured at this amazing boutique. Plus, they have a lovely selection of beauty items! Plus, macarons and coffee! It’s such a gorgeous shop and their windows are always breath taking.
3. Tybee Island– Less than 30 minutes away from Savannah. I love to visit Tybee and relax in the ocean for the day and walk around the town. It has cute shops and some really good restaurants.
5. Dollface by Jules Makeup and Hair Studio-If I did need a fabulous makeup application or my hair perfected, I’d book an appointment at Dollface by Jules. We got our hair and makeup done their for my best friends wedding and they are amazing! We had a fabulous time! Emily and Jessica were amazing!
6. Forsyth Park-The most beautiful park in Savannah. It features the famous fountain we’ve seen in all the advertisements about Savannah. It’s a must see!
Make sure you visit the other bloggers mentioned below! They also participated in this Blog Hop! I can’t wait to see what they posted!
- Michelle at Pretty in the East www.prettyintheeast.com
- Brittany at The Beauty Deputy www.thebeautydeputy.com
- Kristina from http://thefemininefiles.com
- Christine from https://www.simplystine.com
- Anna Belle from http://theannabelleblog.com/
- Jeni at Gracious Luck http://www.graciousluck.com
- Karen at Unpack the Box http://www.unpackthebox.net
- Kimberly From Socially Awkward Fashionista http://Sociallyawkwardfashionista.com
- Lisa from Subscription Therapy: http://subscriptiontherapy.com/
- Ashly at “Reviews / Ramblings & Randomness” from http://aeyler06.blogspot.com/
- Jenn at A Little Bit of Girl Geekery http://icedwavez.wordpress.com
- Jen at Jen Likes Polish: http://www.jenlikespolish.com/
- Heather from Coconut & Cotton www.coconutandcotton.com
- Sammi at College Beauty Buff: http://www.collegebeautybuff.blogspot.com/
- Nancy at http://jumpingmouse9.wordpress.com/
- Angela at http://themakeupslashphotographywhisperer.wordpress.com/