Last Minute Road Trip Beauty Essentials Blog Hop
It’s time for another Blog Hop with the fabulous ladies from The Beauty and Fashion Blog Community. This month we are talking about what 5 Beauty items we’d pack with us for a last minute road trip. To make it even more fun, we are to pick a destination that we’d go to. Somewhere close to where we live. This was right away a no brainer for me! So where am I going??
Join me as I “pack” for a last minute, unexpected quick trip to SAVANNAH!!
I live in Georgia and Savannah is about a 4 1/2 hour trip from my house. It’s the PERFECT weekend getaway. It has tons of amazing historic venues to look at, food and drinks galore, romantic strolls, rowdy River Street and is really close to Tybee Island which is a perfect little island getaway. I fell in love with the city over this past year. My brother in law and best friend chose Savannah as their wedding venue and we visited quite a few times. So I’ve packed these essentials before….
The rules of the post are that I can only bring 5 products with me. Thank goodness I don’t have to pick necessities like soap, shampoo and all of that. That’s already included. So I get to pick 5 beauty products outside of those items. I’ve tried really hard to stop myself from packing hundreds of makeup items when I travel. It’s hard, but for a quick get away, I don’t want to take an hour to get ready. I want to be done quickly, but still be presentable!
Here are the five items I’d take with me on a trip to Savannah:
1. Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream ($39.00)
It’s hot in Savannah. So I always want to make sure I’ve got a great SPF protection and some coverage for my face. I don’t want a heavy makeup, so a BB Cream is a fabulous option. I love this product from Smashbox. It’ s a fantastic product that gives you a good bit of coverage, without feeling heavy.
2. Josie Maran Argan Color Stick ($22.00)
I love this little stick! It’s a fabulous cheek and lip color all in one. Plus, it’s super hydrating on my skin. Argan Oil is fabulous for dehydrated, dry skin!!
3. Bare Minerals Mineral Veil ($20.00)
I love this powder in humid weather. It sets my makeup and makes sure my face isn’t oily and gross!
4. Clinique High Impact Waterproof Mascara ($16.00)
Waterproof mascara is a must have product if I’m going to be anywhere near an ocean or hot, humid weather. This one from Clinique does a great job! If I’m in a
5. Evian Face Spray ($9.99)
When it’s hot outside, I can’t stand to not have my skin hydrated. I love to keep this in my purse because it’s perfect to spritz, even on the go.
That’s what I’d take! Easy, simple products that will still have me out the door in no time, but still looking great. I didn’t post an eyeshadow and I’m ok with that. I’d rather have long, dark lashes and allow them to be the statement item on my face. I can always use the mascara as a liner if I really wanted to. Plus, in all honesty, if I”m going to do an eyeshadow in humid weather, I’d need an eye primer also. That’s two additional products right there! I could possibly have done without the Evian Face Spray, but it’s a product I always travel with to keep my skin hydrated.
What to do in Savannah?!?
Some of the pictures above are some of my favorite destinations that I’ve been to in Savannah. I figured I’d throw in a couple of my favorites of those too!
1.The Olde Pink House-Where my brother in law and now sister in law got married. It’s a beautiful historic home located right in historic Savannah. The food is AMAZING!! Make sure you go, even for a quick lunch! The picture above in the photo gallery is their ballroom. You can eat in there too! GORGEOUS and super romantic.
2. The Paris Market– My favorite place to shop while in Savannah. Everything “French” and then some is featured at this amazing boutique. Plus, they have a lovely selection of beauty items! Plus, macarons and coffee! It’s such a gorgeous shop and their windows are always breath taking.
3. Tybee Island– Less than 30 minutes away from Savannah. I love to visit Tybee and relax in the ocean for the day and walk around the town. It has cute shops and some really good restaurants.
4. River Street-The place to go to in Savannah. This waterfront street is about as historic as it gets. Great for some drinks, shopping and the way yummy River Street Sweets!
5. Dollface by Jules Makeup and Hair Studio-If I did need a fabulous makeup application or my hair perfected, I’d book an appointment at Dollface by Jules. We got our hair and makeup done their for my best friends wedding and they are amazing! We had a fabulous time! Emily and Jessica were amazing!
6. Forsyth Park-The most beautiful park in Savannah. It features the famous fountain we’ve seen in all the advertisements about Savannah. It’s a must see!
Make sure you visit the other bloggers mentioned below! They also participated in this Blog Hop! I can’t wait to see what they posted!
- Michelle at Pretty in the East www.prettyintheeast.com
- Brittany at The Beauty Deputy www.thebeautydeputy.com
- Kristina from http://thefemininefiles.com
- Christine from https://www.simplystine.com
- Anna Belle from http://theannabelleblog.com/
- Jeni at Gracious Luck http://www.graciousluck.com
- Karen at Unpack the Box http://www.unpackthebox.net
- Kimberly From Socially Awkward Fashionista http://Sociallyawkwardfashionista.com
- Lisa from Subscription Therapy: http://subscriptiontherapy.com/
- Ashly at “Reviews / Ramblings & Randomness” from http://aeyler06.blogspot.com/
- Jenn at A Little Bit of Girl Geekery http://icedwavez.wordpress.com
- Jen at Jen Likes Polish: http://www.jenlikespolish.com/
- Heather from Coconut & Cotton www.coconutandcotton.com
- Sammi at College Beauty Buff: http://www.collegebeautybuff.blogspot.com/
- Nancy at http://jumpingmouse9.wordpress.com/
- Angela at http://themakeupslashphotographywhisperer.wordpress.com/
Nice travel pick! I “went” down to South Carolina which I guess is a little “ambitious” since in live in NH LOL! That Josie Maran Argan Stick looks beautiful, gotta love a great multi tasker!
Savannah is on my travel list of places I want to visit! This post was fantastic and I love how you focused on a destination as well. I love clinique’s mascara’s – my favorite non-drugstore brand!
Karen @ Unpack the Box says
Oooh, great choices for such a beautiful city! I love Smashbox’s BB Cream. And the Evian spray makes so much sense! Lovely post!
I loved your twist on this post! Your pictures are beautiful–what a lovely place to travel to!
I love Josie Maran products, I find they are so hydrating. I’ve never been to Savannah, but you blog post makes me want to visit soon!
Those pictures of Savannah are stunning! And I am utterly obsessed with all things Josie Maran, lately!
Anna Belle says
I’ll have to remember the Mineral Veil for summer – I hate having to dress up because it feels like my makeup melts off in minutes. Maybe this will help! Thanks for the recommendation!
Great picks, girl! Somehow for all the years I’ve lived in Georgia (20+), I’ve never been to Savannah! Once I graduate college and hopefully have a bit more time on my hands, I’ll have to make a visit!
YOU MUST GO!!! It’s hands down one of the best places I’ve ever visited!
Great Items, I’ve never been to Savannah but it sounds so fun. I’ve never used the Evian Spray, it doesn’t get so hot here in Southern California but I know if I ever went to the desert of maybe a summer trip to Las Vegas I’ll have to test it out.
Great items!!! I love Josie Maran’s products. I love your destination too 🙂
Thank you for including such details of the place. I have always wanted to travel the south I have dreams of when I retire getting an rv and traveling around.
I love how easy your routine is! It’s great that you included some things to do as well. Other than a trip to Disney World, I’ve never been south of Pennsylvania, so I’d love to visit Savannah some day!
Great post!! Savannah sounds awesome! I’ve never been! I’m intrigued by the smashbox bb cream!! I’ll be trying that out next time I’m in Sephora!
Great products! I also brought the mineral veil with on my road trip! Great product isn’t it? Savannah sounds amazing!!!
Ashly Eyler says
Great pic! I love that you included what to do in your vacation spot; totally above and beyond 🙂 🙂 🙂 I watch QVC religiously and have almost order Josie Maran products, but haven’t brought myself to do it just yet. After reading this post and constantly hearing nothing but positive things about her, I’m keeping my eyes peeled for a Today’s Special! 🙂 Great picks and I like that you elected the Evian face spray, totally necessary for humid climates!