Doing my end of year wrap up posts are always one of my favorite blog posts to sit down and put together. I’m starting with my favorite skincare and makeup that I used in 2022. These are the products that I used religiously and/or discovered and can’t stop using.
Makeup That I Loved This Year
2022 was the year that I finally started dabbling in makeup again. After being in the house full-time in 2020 and most of 2021, we finally started wearing real clothes, doing our hair and that also meant using makeup more. HOWEVER, I will say that 2022 was also the year that I really cut back on the amount of products I used and purchased. Do I need ten different foundations? Absolutely not. Do I need twenty lip products that look the same? No, but some things will never change, ha.
My makeup routine this year was what I would consider basic. Very glowy and natural with a pop. I didn’t do hardly any contouring, but instead opted for products that would enhance my complexion. Bright cheeks (always) and a good moisturizing lip product. Those were most days for me.
If there is one thing that I have loved in 2022, it’s a radiant complexion. I’m all about giving my skin a “glass-like” glow. To me, healthy skin is a glowing complexion. The Saie Glowy Super Gel Dewy HIghlighter I adore. I can put on before I apply my foundation OR I can apply on top of my makeup as a highlighter.
The formula is made up of 75% water, so you can add it to skincare, makeup, or even worn alone for a dewy, radiant look. I LOVE the way this makes my skin just glow. Trust me on this one and give it a try!
If and when I used foundation, I pretty much regularly reached for the Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Foundation by Giorgio Armani. In fact, I used up the entire bottle this year! I’m in shade 3.75 which is a perfect match for my complexion. The formula is oil-free and is very buildable. This foundation gives my complexion a glowing, luminous finish and it’s just the right coverage I’m looking for.
Since I just finished a bottle, I WILL be repurchasing this in the new year. It’s a great foundation.
- Ilia Skin Tint for that barely there glow and coverage.
- IT Cosmetics CC Cream an OG that still remains a favorite
I’ve been consistently using this eyebrow gel for well over a year now. I’ve used at least two bottles of it and I always seem to reach for it over others I have. I use the shade Soft Brown and it’s a great match for my brow color. It doesn’t make my brows feel sticky or crusty, which I find a lot of brow gels do. It has great hold and the pigment is really nice. Some days when I’m lazy, but just want some color on my brows, I’ll use just this and it’s great.
- Benefit Gimme Brow another long time favorite
Honestly, there are so many products that are favorites from this brand, so I decided I’ll just list them below. If you asked me to choose one makeup brand to use forever, I’d probably go with CT.
- Airbrush Flawless Finishing Setting Powder THE ABSOLUTE BEST setting powder I’ve tried for my skin. This helps to blur pores and lines and really does make a difference in the lasting power of my makeup. A forever repurchase.
- Hollywood Flawless Filter This product can be used as a primer, worn on it’s own, under makeup, on top of makeup, and used as a highlighter.
- Pillowtalk Lip Liner and Lipstick The ultimate pink-nude shade. I can’t stop using both of these products.
- Filmstar Bronze and Glow Contour Duo I’ve used this product for years now. It’s the perfect shade for my complexion and I love the glow it gives me.
Skincare That I Love
I live for a good skincare routine. I’ve never been the one annoyed that I have to wash my face. Instead, I love those moments. Here are some of the products that have been standouts as far as my skincare products are concerned for 2022. Yes, I’ll still be using these in 2023 as well!
My skin: 42 years old. Combination, a bit dehydrated right now. Noticing a bit more lines, redness and some hollowness under my eyes.
One of my favorite cleansers that I use. I first picked this up in Chicago because I needed a new cleanser while on vacation. I LOVED IT. It cleanses the skin without making it feel too dry. It removes makeup. I just love it. The texture is super thick, so it feels really nice to apply! Can’t recommend this one enough.
This has been one of my favorite skincare brands that I have used for years. I genuinely look forward to my routine because of these products. They’ve helped my 42 year old self have some of the best skin that I’ve ever had.
- Radiant Cleansing Balm This is my favorite cleansing balm. It smells amazing AND it removes my makeup flawlessly. It leaves my skin feeling incredible and it’s one of my favorite products that I use. Waterproof mascara? No problem for this cleanser. I’ve noticed that since I’ve started using it, my skin is softer and smoother.
- Extreme Recovery Cream When my skin is dry, this is my go-to moisturizer. It doesn’t leave my skin feeling greasy, but instead just moisturizes just right.
- Glycolic Acid Peel Pads With Blue Agave Since using these peel pads, I’ve noticed my texture has improved and any issues with clogged pores and blackheads have really improved.
- Hyaluronic Serum I use this after I cleanse my skin. It helps to hydrate and I really enjoy using this product morning and night.
Well the hype for this face mask is well deserved. It plumps, hydrated and somehow it even smoothes out the texture of my skin. I’ve gone through three bottles of this stuff and I’m still loving it. Sometimes I’ll use it as the last step in my skincare before I put on makeup. Other times I’ll put it on as a sleeping mask. I rarely wipe it off?!? I just let it soak in my skin. It’s fantastic.
One of my favorite skincare products to use on the regular is a sheet mask. I used to despise them, BUT the benefits I’ve found using them outweighs my issues I have with them. It’s a texture thing for me, BUT……When my skin is freaking out from dryness or sensitivity, these masks are what I use. You can’t go wrong with them! I do suggest adding a “holder” as this will help your mask really stay close to your face and allows you to do what you need to do.