Did you have a good weekend? Mine was very low key, but decently productive, as well as restful. It’s actually Sunday night as I’m writing up this blog post and I’m about to put on a face mask (and hair mask) and finish reading this book that I started yesterday and can’t put down. A pretty good weekend indeed.
- I haven’t talked about this much, BUT last year I went to a GI dr because of some stomach issues. I had some testing and a Colonoscopy (even though I’m not 45) and I’m working on improving my stomach issues. That means working on what I’m putting into my body and being better about supplements, etc. I ordered these greens to start drinking in the morning. Will report back (and I’ll also do a full blog post about my Colonoscopy experience and why I had it, etc)
- I’ve been on a massive clean my house kick. I’ve made a huge amount of donations and have even more to do once I clean out my closet. It’s always eye opening how much random junk I’ve bought and accumulated that I don’t need. I NEED to work on this. A goal for this year for sure.
- I’ve been into journaling BIG TIME. I find it relaxing and I can be a bit creative. It helps with my anxiety so much. I’m thinking once I have a bit more of my book journal done I’ll share it and what I’ve used. Who would have known that PENS made me this happy, ha!
- You guys, I’ve had to use my magnifier app on my iPhone at least twice this week. 42 is hitting me extra hard right now. HA! (PS yes, there is a magnifier app on your iphone already installed. It’s great)
Entertainment (Books, TV, etc)
- I finished reading A Heart That Works by Rob Delaney and I loved it. A VERY emotional book that he wrote about the death of his young son, Henry. Just his description of everything they went through taking care of their son, his death, dealing with grief and everything was heartbreaking and also f’ing hysterical at times. I can’t suggest this book enough. Yes, it will break your heart, but I learned so much. I already ordered my mom a copy!
- Ginny and Georgia season 2 is out! I had hopes of starting it this weekend, but that didn’t happen. Tomorrow for sure!
- Are you going to be reading Prince Harry’s book that’s being released this week? I pre-ordered the audiobook because who doesn’t want to hear that british accent?!?
- I’m currently listening to Float Plan by Trish Doller. I believe I heard Ashley Spivey mention this one?!? So far I’m very into it and can’t wait to see what happens. Trigger Warning: Mention of Suicide
- Do you like Kindle Unlimited Romance books? If so, I started reading The Grumpy Devil’s series and wow, I’m hooked. I’ve already read the first two in the series and I’ve downloaded the third already. Enemies to lovers and so good. (You can purchase these if you aren’t a KU member)
- I have had the absolute worst cracked, dry lips. I went into Sephora looking for a new lip product and an employee recommended this lip treatment and wow, it has helped so much!
- I’ve got a review of the new Mario Foundation coming this week. Stay tuned!
- I have quite a few empty products that I’ve used up this week. I’m super sad that I don’t have a backup of my favorite Extreme Recovery Cream by Colleen Rothschild. This has been my favorite nighttime moisturizer that I’ve used in a long time. Right now, you can use code NEW23 to buy one get one half off all of their products.
- I was sent a suggestion for a cuticle oil to try and I ordered and LOVE the product. It’s a small business and they make a portable cuticle oil that works great. It looks like their website is not up for a couple more days this week, but I’m linking their Facebook profile. Affordable and quality product!
- I got a pair of these On Cloudmonster shoes around my birthday and they might be the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever worn.