I’m back at it again with a Monday Chit-Chat! I have to say that this weekend was pretty good! I safely got my hair done (my stylist is in her own room and I wore a mask the entire time!) Rob and I smoked Ribs on Saturday on the Big Green Egg and had a pool day. I also got to watch my niece while my bil and sil had some quality time with my nephew. Rob and I played animal crossing and I got to read! Overall, a good weekend!
Other than that, nothing else is new here. I’m sitting writing this post, sipping an iced coffee and snacking on homemade banana bread that I made last night. I’m curious thought, is there anything that you’ve made during quarantine over and over, that you’re kinda sick of making? Banana Bread might be one of those things for me. My husband LOVES it though.
I’ve gotten some messages asking me if I’m shopping the Nordstrom sale this year and if I’ll be sharing my finds that I think are worth purchasing. I don’t want to make a big deal out of this because I know it’s overly talked about and shared. I will make a post, just showing what I think are good deals if you were curious of what I’d pick up. That blog post will be live on Wednesday if you’re wanting to take a look.
Things To Know
- My SIL made a homemade apple pie and when I was at her house I tasted it. OMG it was honestly the best apple pie I’ve ever had. She used Joanna Gaines recipe from her Magnolia Table Book and while she didn’t use the dulce de leche, it still tasted INCREDIBLE! I plan on making this ASAP!
- I bought these Command Hangers for my cleaning supplies (bottles so they could hang on doors) and I LOVE THEM! We got a new garbage disposal and it takes up a bit more space under our sink. So I needed to maximize room under the sink.
- Are you reading any of the Simply Stine August Book Club picks? I announced them in my July 2020 Reading List!
- I discussed the COSRX Hydrium Product Line. Did you miss that post? It’s a fantastic product line for a lot of skin types, specifically the ones with dry, irritated skin.
- I had asked a question on my Instagram stories about how to make movie theatre popcorn at home. This product came suggested at least fifty times in my messages. I ordered it and am waiting on it to arrive. I’ll report back.
- When I went to my hair stylist, I wore a mask my husband had given me. It was from a medical supply company and the earpiece KILLED my head as I wore it for ever three hours. The back of my ears had a blister because it rubbed the skin raw. Several people suggested the Old Navy masks so I placed an order. I’ve heard they’re super comfortable.
- I’m thinking of ordering this Gallon-sized cold brew maker. I have another one I use to make cold brew at home and I love it, but now that Rob is drinking at also, it doesn’t last that long.
- This is my favorite oil to diffuse at the moment.
That’s all for this weeks chit-chat! I’ll see you again on Wednesday with the products I’d say are a good buy from the Nordstrom Sale!