It’s time for another one our Monday Chit-Chat posts! This morning on my way to get coffee with my husband, I recieved a random text message from my aunt that said “Was thinking of you. Love you bunches.” This is a reminder to text those people that you are thinking about, no matter how random it is. It was a great start to my Monday morning.
Did you have a good weekend? We got some Christmas shopping completed, we made some amazing fajitas using a recipe from a new cookbook that I ordered, spent some time with our niece and nephew, we tried a new coffee and doughnut spot close to our house that was INCREDIBLE, and we just hung out. It was a great weekend.
This week I am putting up Christmas decor around the house. Every single year I try to wait until after Thanksgiving and then I feel like I don’t get to really enjoy it for that long. NOT THIS YEAR. I am going to get it done this week so I can sit in our living room and read by the Christmas tree. There’s nothing better.
What To Eat….
- We have a restaurant in town that we swear by for great Tex-Mex called Superica. The owner, chef Ford Fry, wrote a cookbook and we finally tried a couple of the recipes this weekend. SO GOOD. We made the Beef Fajitas and the Mexican Rice. I also made guacamole and I have to say, it was incredible.
- I was sent a box of goodies to try from Ethel’s Baking Co. These gluten-free dessert bars were really good. You can even ship them. They have gifts you can order online to be shipped, or they actually carry them at locations around the US. If you’re in GA, they carry them at Whole Foods and The Fresh Market.
- We are big fans of the Southern Baked Pie Co. We especially love their Chicken Pot Pie as well as their Apple Pie, Chocolate Chess Pie, etc. The pie crust is absolutely delicious and I love that if I’m in a pinch and need a quick, but delicious meal, I can pick up a savory pot pie. They also ship their pies!!!
What To Wear
- These jeans have been on my wishlist for a while and now they’re 30-40% off! I’ve seen My Sister Made Me Buy It and also Maddy Gutierrez talk about this style of denim. I also really like this style and it’s available in more sizes. (This is the time to stock up on J Crew!!!)
- I wear a fleece from J.Crew that I love. It’s warm, but not too warm. They don’t have the same style as mine, but this is so similar. I’m considering ordering another one and also one for a gift because I love it that much. It’s also included in the sale!
- This has been my go-to bra for most days. It’s so comfortable and it gives me just enough lift. It’s on sale for $29.00, normally $59.00.
What To Read
- I recently shared all of the books that I read in October!
- I’m so excited to start my holiday reads! This book I think I’ll read first!
What To Know
- Today is the last day for the Sephora Holiday Sale! I shopped in store and online. I wrapped up quite a bit of Christmas shopping thanks to the sale.
- Taylor Swift has a new music video and it’s so good! Also, Jake G is probably having quite a week since her latest release of All Too Well. We hate him, right?
- Thanksgiving is in 10 days. Christmas is in 40 days. Just incase you needed a reminder.
- So my skin had a bit of a freakout from a skincare mask I tried. I picked up this set at Sephora and wow. It immediately made a difference in my skin. So much less red and irritated.
- This lip oil has been my go-to lately. It’s a bit of color and shine (very light) and it’s not sticky. What I love most is that it’s so hydrating.
- I ordered this book pillow because Becca said it’s awesome. I can’t wait!
Leave a Reply