Dry skin? Caked on Powder? Dry patches?
MAC Fix + is without a doubt one of my secret weapons when doing my makeup. At first, I had heard so many people hype up this product, but was it worth the price tag? I finally caved and picked up this product around Christmas time and I’ve been loving it ever since! If your skin is feeling dry or if you are sometimes a little too heavy handed with the powder, you will love this product. It contains loads of beneficial ingredients that will really help moisturize your skin.
Why I love it….
- It’s loaded with vitamins and minerals that are really good for your skin. It’s also features green tea, chamomile and cucumber
- It adds radiance to the skin
- If your skin has dry patches or you apply too much powder, this will save the day
- I love to spray this on my skin to “set” my makeup
- Using pigment? Spray your brush with Fix + and it will give you much better results. My eyeshadow applied so good when using this.
- Using a product that contains a lot of glitter/shimmer? Again, use the Fix + on your brush
- Using a foundation that’s too heavy? I will sometimes blend a couple sprays of the Fix + into the foundation to make it a little lighter. Works like a charm!
- Need a skin refresher during the day? This is the perfect product to spritz on your face
- I spray this on my face before applying my makeup, allow it to dry and then finish my makeup. It gives me a nice radiant glow to my sometimes dry skin.
- The bottle actually features a locking applicator. That means I can travel safely with it!! Plus, the applicator apples the perfect fine mist to the skin.
Worth the hype?
This bottle retails for $21.00 for 3.4 oz. It’s actually a pretty big bottle. I’ve had the bottle since Christmas and have barely made a dent in it, yet I use it all of the time. I know there is a lot of talk about the e.l.f Makeup Mist being a dupe for this, but honestly, I haven’t tried that product so I can’t give my opinion on that. I did look at the ingredients in each and there are quite a few similarities.
This is a splurge product, but for me, it’s worth it! My skin can be so wacky and in some areas I’m really dry, but others I’m oily. For those dry areas, this helps take away any dry patches I might have. I can’t say this makes my makeup last hours longer, but I do love the look it gives to my skin. It makes me feel hydrated and my skin feel refreshed and to me, that’s worth it. If you’ve been on the fence about this product and wanted to try it, I say give it a chance! If the price tag is a little bit too high for you, I’d say you could for sure try the e.l.f makeup spray. I haven’t personally used it, but the ingredients seem to be similar.
Karen @ Unpack the Box says
I haven’t tried either product, but the locking applicator would be a big advantage to me for travel. Even if e.l.f ended up being a reasonable dupe, I think I’d pore it into a Fix bottle to take advantage of that feature.
Love the review!
It’s such a great feature that they included on the product. Not many companies do this and I’m so appreciative when they do!