How was your weekend? I had absolutely zero plans and took some time to do some cleaning, organizing, working on updating some things on this site, and reading. This week will be a bit different as we decided to go to the beach last minute, so I’ve got some things to finish before we leave. I hope to be thriving on the beach, reading a good book, and enjoying some sunshine next week.
- I saw the new Buzz Lightyear movie and I honestly didn’t think it was bad?!? It had horrible reviews, but I took my nephew to see it and we both enjoyed it! Also, it was my first time back in a movie theatre since Covid and wow, I missed it.
- FINALLY received this sunscreen applicator in the mail. I ordered from the retailer (which was in Germany, I believe?!?) but I saw they’re on Amazon again. Applies sunscreen so easily and your fingers don’t get messy and it blends it in nicely. I’m very impressed.
- Finished this book and I loved it. Family drama, relationship drama, and more. I basically read it in a day.
- I’ve been using this face mask for at least three months now and I think it’s finally become the one that I tend to reach for the most. It’s hydrating, it’s plumping. I love it. I’m about to run out and will be repurchasing.
- I’ve been into very low hair maintenance lately. I’ve also been doing lots of air-drying and I have been SO IMPRESSED with this styling cream. Smells amazing, leaves my hair so shiny, and helps the frizz control so much. A little bit goes a long way, so this will last me a while.
Amazon Prime Day Deals
It’s that time again! The Amazon Prime Day deals are live. It’s for two days only and there are a few items that I think are really worth picking up. I’m not doing any major shopping, but there are deals to be found.
- THE Ice Machine I’m begging for.
- Portable Carpet Cleaner If you have animals or children, this is a saving grace.
- Handvac that I swear by This is super powerful and great for the house and the car!
- Airpod Pro I love mine! Use them daily.
- Apple Watch Series 7. Great deal on the Apple Watch if you’re needing one.
- Lights for TV. My “ambience” that these lights give for my bedroom is fantastic.
- Vitamin C Serum I’ve used this several times and enjoy it! Great price point!
- Kindle I always have my Kindle on hand. This is a great deal!
- Sodastream A great way to make sparkling waters and soda at home
- Portable Phone Charger Always good to have on hand and at this deal, you can’t beat it!
- Foot Massager I have this at my desk and it’s a nice way to pamper yourself while doing some work!
- Packing Cubes I’m a big fan of packing cubes for traveling. These are on sale and I recommend.
It’s worth mentioning that if you don’t like supporting Amazon, Target is having some great deals to rival Prime Day! If there is an item you’re considering purchasing at Amazon, maybe check out Target and see if they have the item. They will also price match! It’s so simple, just show them the price on Amazon and they’ll take care of it for you right at the register. I’ve done this many times.
- Airpod Pros (Same price as Amazon and my store had them in stock)
- Beauty and Personal care up to 25% off! Worth taking a look at! Think sunscreens, etc
- Clothing up to 50% off Lots of clothing on sale. Great time to buy for back to school
- Electronics TVs and such are on sale if that’s something you need!
Support Independent Bookstores
Right now, Bookshop.org is offering free shipping for the next two days! This is a great way to support local, independent bookstores, instead of shopping Amazon. Here are some new releases that have caught my eye:
- Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin
- Growing up Getty: The Story of America’s Most Unconventional Dynasty
- The Dead Romantics by Ashley Poston
- The Falling: A Brightest Stars Novel by Anna Todd