I haven’t been on here much lately and I apologize for that. Life has been a bit chaotic to say the least, BUT I think I’ll be back in the swing of things very soon. Fingers crossed. For now, here’s a quick Monday Chit-Chat just to catch up.
It’s finally warming up around here and we’ve seen some sunshine (FINALLY) so I feel like I’m getting into a summer routine. That means I’m already complaining about being hot and sweaty, ha. School is almost done, vacations are planned, I’ve switched my closet around for summer clothes, and I’m ready for some pool days. Also, I’m counting down the days until I can sit my butt on a beach and read. I can’t wait.
My FIL is having his last chemotherapy treatment this week. It’s been a lot to say the least, but he’s doing as good as one can be expected going through something like that. It’s a lot on the family as well. Cancer sucks. What else can I say? Just thankful for his team of doctors and nurses who are able to treat him.
Not much else has been going on around here. I’ve got my flowers planted. My herb garden is taking off like crazy. I’ve got so much basil growing that I need to make some pesto. I’ve also got cucumbers, peppers, rosemary, cilantro and parsley. I didn’t do a ton this year, but enough.
TV Shows, Movies, Books
- Please tell me you are watching Succession. If you watch it, I’d love to hear your thoughts. I have no idea how this show is going to end. Brilliant writing and casting. One episode left!
- I can’t wait to see the Little Mermaid in the movie theater. It’s one of my favorites! My niece and I have been talking non-stop about it.
- I just started reading Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarros. It’s all over bookstagram and booktok. So far, I’m into it! A fantasy that involves dragons and feels a bit like Divergent?!? I’ll update once I read more.
- Did anyone else watch Queen Charlotte on Netflix? I love Bridgerton (well, mostly the first season) and I was excited to see the queen have her moment. HOWEVER, this was so damn sad. I was not prepared.
- We also watched Hello Tomorrow on Apple TV. It was interesting. I think my husband enjoyed it more than I did, but it did pass the time ok.
- 27 Best New Books for Summer according to Entertainment Weekly
- I just finished a bottle of this and as someone who has sensitive skin, I have to say that I think this made a difference in my skin WITHOUT irritating it.
- I’ve been loving this lotion. It gives the skin a bit of a radiance to it, BUT not in an obnoxious way. You mostly notice it in the sunlight. It also smells incredible. Even my FIL commented on how good I smelled and he never likes anything, ha.
- I love pretty much everything Dae releases and my hair has never been better. They just released a new heat protectant and styling mist. I need to order asap.
- Have you checked out Ulta’s Gorgeous Hair Event? Each day (now through June 3) there are major deals on hair products and styling tools. Most are 50% off!
- I am LOVING this face moisturizer. It’s under $20.00, but it works just as good as my other moisturizers I’ve used that were way more expensive. This would be great for even kids! Think of this as a gel cream and it’s not heavy!
- Have dry skin? I can’t recommend this enough. Have a sunburn? This is great! Apply to damp skin and then apply your moisturizer. This makes such a difference in my skin when it’s irritated or sensitive.