I finally recovered from It was hot this weekend. I spent a lot of time outside and I have the farmers tan to prove it. No, we weren’t in the pool just yet (we did put our feet in the water!) but I went to my nephews baseball game, spent quite a bit of time sitting outside listening to Book Lovers on audiobook because I was HOOKED, and at night there was just enough of a breeze to make it pleasant to sit outside. Overall, a good weekend.
- Dae Cactus 3-in-1 Styling Cream I finally picked this up after it’s been out of stock at my Sephora forever. I needed a new product for frizz protection and to help smooth my hair. Will report back!
- Bioderma Atoderm Cleansing Oil has been a must-have product for some time now. It’s incredible for sensitive skin and leaves my skin feeling so hydrated. It doesn’t irritate my eczema and it’s not overly powerful as far as fragrance. It’s also a HUGE bottle that lasts forever.
- DHC Deep Cleansing Oil is so good and it’s under $20.00. It’s fantastic for removing makeup and I feel like it also really leaves my skin feeling so hydrated. I’ve almost went through another bottle and yes, I’ll be ordering another one!
- COSRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid has been on my list to purchase. It’s VERY loved in the beauty community and I have really enjoyed the other COSRX products I’ve used before. This is a liquid exfoliant for pores and blackheads. Also, acne! Did I mention it’s only $25.00!
- Ordered this dress from Athleta. I’ve been wanting to try their dresses for quite some time. Tons of sizes, tons of different styles available. I chose this one because it also comes with shorts underneath! I feel like this is great for casual days.
- My SIL purchased this dress (but in the pink version) AND I am in love. It’s so beautiful! I want it!
- Ordering this soft-gauze shirt asap. I feel like this will be perfect for summer. I’m going to order it slightly oversized as J Crew can run a tad bit on the smaller side.
- Conversations With Friends is now streaming on Hulu. I haven’t read the book, but I want to!
- The Time Traveler’s Wife premiered last night on HBO. This new series is one that I’ve been looking forward to. I loved the book and I loved the previous movie. I will for sure be watching this one!
- I finished my audiobook of Book Lovers and holy hell, it was so good. The ending really got me. I LOVED People We Meet On Vacation and Beach Read so much, but this book might be my favorite that Emily Henry has written.
- I’m slowly working on updating my Bookshelf page on Simply Stine. If you don’t want to have to read the reading lists to find a book I’ve read recently, this will have all of the books I’ve finished.
- What happened in Buffalo (and CA) over the weekend was horrible. This post explains a lot about how I feel. I have no idea what is happening in our country anymore. Vote, y’all. Never shut up about it.
I hope you have a great week this week! I’ll be trying to recover from Book Lovers (CHARLIE!) and enjoying the sunshine, life outdoors in small doses, and even a check-in at the doctor. The 40’s are fun you guys.