MAYBELLINE THE BRIGHTS Palette
I’ve confessed my love for the Maybelline The Nudes Palette so many times before and I’ve personally gifted that palette more times than I can count. It’s such an incredibly pigmented palette that rivals the Urban Decay Naked Palettes EASILY! Oh, did I mention it’s right under $10.00? Yeah. Go get you some of that if you haven’t already! You can thank me later. Now here comes the good news. Maybelline has two other palettes like the Nudes being released. I finally got my hands on The Brights Palette and now I’m on the search for The Smokes Palette, but for today, let’s talk about the new Maybelline The Brights Palette.
1. The Cost! This is a great affordable palette for under $10.00.
2. I love how each of the shades are grouped together to be used separate, paris of two or pairs of four.
3. I love the assortment of colors. Some are really bright, while others are still “normal” enough to use daily.
4. Decently pigmented, but I suggest using a primer always when using this palette. Also, to make some of the colors pop-I start with using a white, creamy eyeliner all over my lid.
1. This palette doesn’t feel as pigmented as The Nudes. I had to really work up some pigment by doing a lot of layers on some of the colors. Others seemed ok though.
2. This palette seemed a little bit on the powdery side (just some of the colors) BUT it wasn’t anything major.
3. Some of the colors (mainly the light purple) seemed a bit off of what I’d expect them to look like applied.
I found mine at Target and so far, that’s the only place I have spotted it. I have heard that some Walgreen’s Locations has them in stock, but check online first! I paid $9.99. I’ve tried searching online today for some more information on Maybelline’s website, but so far no luck. I’ll update it once I find something.
Overall, I really enjoyed the Maybelline The Brights palette. I don’t feel that it’s as smooth and pigmented as The Nudes was, BUT that happens from time to time with drugstore makeup. It’s nothing that would hold me back form purchasing it again or stop me from using it on myself. Just be aware of it. The colors are bright and put me in the mood for warmer temperatures! I’m now on the hunt for The Smokes, which out of all three of the palettes, looks to be my favorite. So fingers crossed I’m able to find that one easily! Let me know if you’ve tried The Brights or if you’re interested in picking it up!
Affiliate Links Included. All opinions are my own.
Bethany Everett says
The colors! I think I need this. I have the UD Electric palette, but I think I like the color variety of this a little better and for under $10, even if I didn’t can’t beat that price!
You will probably love the UD Electric Palette more so than this (just pigmentation wise, etc) BUT for the money, you can’t beat this palette. Just remember to use a primer or a white eyeliner before using this palette.
Some of the colors don’t look like they swatch *great* but it’s hard to find some decent colorful options in the drugstore. Thanks for the review!
Some don’t swatch too good, BUT for a normal application-it’s not horrible. It’s about what I would expect for a palette around this price. Nothing ah-mazing, but not too horrible.
Very pretty palette but I’m more into neutrals. I STILL need to get my hands on the Nudes one, its so affordable!
Christine C. says
The Nudes is gorgeous and is so incredibly pigmented. I just picked up The Smokes tonight. Excited to see how that one applies.
These colors are so pretty!! That’s a really good deal for under $10!
Yeah, it’s not too bad! The colors are not as pigmented as say the UD Vice Palette, BUT for a $10 option-it’s a great product to have in your makeup bag!