You guys, it’s my birthday! I can’t even believe that I’m 36 today. Typing that slightly terrifies me and the other half of me is obviously excited because it’s my “special” day! This year my birthday kinda creeped up on me. Let me explain. One of my really good friends called me the other day and asked what I wanted to do for my birthday and I told her that I hadn’t even thought about it yet. I didn’t even realize that my birthday was so close until she called me, ha! Long gone are the days of counting down my birthday.
35 was a hell of a year. I got to experience some major highs and also some major lows. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve realized the importance of self-care, self-love and the power of support. If there’s one piece of advice I would have given myself a long time ago, it would be that it’s ok to say no and that taking care of yourself IS important. I’d also tell myself that sometimes, no matter how hard you try, there might be situations that you just can’t control and that you need to be ok with that. #LetItGo
Some other things I learned this year….
- I need to stop buying eyeshadow palettes. I’m seriously on a no-buy for eyeshadow for quite a while. Although I did just order the Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette, but NO MORE!!!! At least not for a while.
- I’m completely ok with sitting at home on a Friday night and watching Netflix and eating Pizza. The club days are completely gone my friends, ha!
- This was the year that I realized how “old” I’m getting because when I read my Nieces and Nephews Christmas lists, I had no idea what any of the toys were.
- It’s ok to not be like everyone else!
- I need more sleep than I ever did before and lately, I haven’t been getting enough!!
- Mexican Food is always a good idea #GuacamoleAddict
I’m excited for 36 and instead of moping around and feeling sorry for myself about getting older, I’m going to be more positive about it and be thankful for having the life and the opportunities that I do. I’m also going to start taking my skincare up a notch because let’s be honest, getting closer to 40 is still slightly terrifying and I want to avoid fillers for as long as I can. HA!
What else is going on…..
- Are you guys ready for Christmas yet? I am no where close to being ready. I’ve mailed my gifts to my family that I won’t be with this year (sucks so bad living far away from my parents) but I am excited because my brothers, my niece and my brother’s girlfriend will be coming to stay with me for a week! I love having family in town, especially around the Holiday’s.
- I’ve been on top of watching Holiday movies this year. I’ve watched Polar Express at least ten times and cry like a baby every single time I watch it. Are there any Holiday movies that you love?
- I’ve got a giveaway coming to the blog on Monday that you will for sure want to come back and check out! It’s a really good one!
- I’ll be taking some time off to enjoy the Holiday’s with my family and friends so you won’t see as many posts from me until the new year! I’ll be back very soon though!