Today’s post is one I’ve been so excited to share! It’s my Holiday Gift Guide for the Book Lover. Maybe you want to treat yourself to a new book or a new book accessory or maybe you’ve got someone on your christmas list to buy for who loves all things books. I’m here to help!
It should be of no shock to any of you reading this who have been long-time Simply Stine readers that I love a good book. In fact, I do a recap and share my reading lists every month. You can also go to my book archive, which will show you reviews of every book I’ve read if you’d like to go back to it from time to time. It’s slowly being updated. Also, on my podcast that I co-host, we share a book every month for our book club.
Gift Guide For The Book Lover
I feel like books are definitely having a moment right now. Not that they haven’t since, well forever, BUT right now books are the IT thing to be into. To which I am so happy and excited about. When I was thinking about this gift guide, I wanted to talk about some books that I’ve loved reading and some that are on my wish list as well. I’ve really put together a solid assortment of titles, as well as book accessories.
Book Accessories You Can Gift
- Kindle I’ll be honest and admit that I never thought I’d ever love an e-reader, but I truly love my Kindle. I have the Kindle Oasis and honestly I’m obsessed. I can listen to audiobooks on it, read books and more. It’s fantastic for when I want to be able to read while traveling and I love that I have the Kindle library available to me if I need to binge a series I’m very into. (That happens often) So there are different types of Kindles available, so just do some research and see what would be the best option!
- Book Light (I have one of these and love it!)
- Bath Caddy for the bathtub
- Book of the Month Subscription ( I LOVE THIS so much)
- Bookmarks are always a good idea
- Candles are always a great idea! I love having one burning while I”m reading.
- A good tote bag is always a good idea (I love this so I can haul books with me on the go)
- Cozy Blanket is a MUST-HAVE for reading a book this time of year
- Speaking of audiobooks, I have to talk to you guys about Libro.fm. (affiliate link) I used to be the biggest fan of Audible because it was easy and the selection of audiobooks was incredible. However, I LOVE supporting local, independent bookstores. I kinda feel like Amazon is crushing them honestly. So…when I heard about Libro.fm, I had to investigate it. Here’s why I love them so much:
- They’re an audiobook company who partners with independant, local bookstores. Read their story for more information. It’s incredible!
- They offer monthly audiobook subscription services, a la cart purchases and gift options as well.
- If you sign up for a membership, use the code SWITCH and they’ll provide you with three audiobooks for the price of one.
- The Grace Year by Kim Liggett (Best book I listened to all year)
- Over The Top by Jonathan Van Ness
- Bad Blood by John Carreyrou
- Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Dear Girls by Ali Wong
- Educated a Memoir by Tara Westover
- Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know About the People We Don’t Know by Malcom Gladwell
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (INCREDIBLE book)
Kids Books They’ll Love
- Elbow Grease vs Motozilla by John Cena
- Dog Man Series (My Nephew loves this series!)
- The Crayons’ Christmas
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Illustrated Book
- A Tale of Magic by Chris Colfer
- Dr. Seuss Books (Why not start their collection?)
- Frozen 2 Nancy Cote (Adapted by), Golden Books (Illustrator)
Teen Books To Gift
- The Folk of the Air Complete Series
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- Call Down the Hawk by Maggie Stiefvater (I love this author)
- One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus
- Scythe by Neal Shusterman
Books for Him and Her
- When Less is More by Emily Ley
- The Testaments by Margaret Atwood
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
- The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
- The Institute by Stephen King
- Becoming: A Guided Journal For Discovering Your Voice by Michelle Obama
- Me by Elton John
- Acid for the Children by Flea
- Be our Guest by Gray Malin
Books (and Audiobooks) on my Wish List
- Fleabag: The Scriptures by Phoebe Waller-Bridge
- Dumpty The Age of Trump in Verse (John Lithgow narrates this and wrote this)
- You Can’t Spell Truth Without Ruth by Mary Zaia
- Me by Elton John (Audiobook because it’s recorded by Elton John & Taron Egerton)
What books would you like to see under your Christmas tree this year? I hope that my Holiday Gift Guide for the Book Lover was helpful!
Leave a Reply