Hey guys! Today I’m partnering up with the ladies from the Beauty and Fashion Blog Community for a blog hop about Beauty and Fashion Hot Weather Staples. Normally Summer is a time when I’m basically dying from all of the heat and humidity we have in Georgia, but this year the weather has been crazy. It’s been so nice the entire summer. Not much humidity for the most part and the temperatures have only been in the high 80’s to the low 90’s. That.NEVER.Happens. So I’m going to pretend that it’s still crazy hot and humid outside and not basically Spring all over again, ha!
My Beauty Hot Weather Staples and tips:
- Keep your foundation simple and light. I tend to wear more BB Creams or Tinted Moisturizers in the summer. They still give me a decent coverage, hydrate my skin and most of the time they will have an SPF. I apply quickly with my fingers and I’m good to go! I also like to use a Mineral Foundation from time to time. I can get a light to full coverage depending on how I layer the product. Plus, again you are getting the SPF benefits. For a finish, I like to add a little bit of radiance and luminosity to the skin. I don’t want it to look “matte” so I like to use something to bring a little bit of light and dewiness to the skin.
- I like to add pops of color to my look, but I tend to only concentrate it in one area. I’ll keep a simple face and either add a bold, bright lip or I’ll add in a colored eyeliner or mascara. It’s also fun to play up your cheeks! Don’t be afraid to try a nice coral or bright pink! Summer is a time to have fun with your makeup looks and play with colors that you wouldn’t typically use. Experiment and have fun! The trick is to play up one area and not your entire face. Blue eyeshadow, with green liner and bold pink cheeks with red lips isn’t that attractive.
- Another good trick is to use products that are multi-purpose! A perfect example is a lip and cheek tint. It’s one product that you can carry with you and even if you’re at the beach or the pool, you can easily add it to both areas for a quick pick me up! I like to use colored eyeliner for not just eyeliner, but also as an eyeshadow smudged over the lid. Just make sure you blend and voila! You’ve got a gorgeous eye look! Sometimes I’ll also cheat and use lipsticks also on my cheeks. I mean, why not? Or I’ll use a cream blush as a lip color. I like to keep my makeup simple, but still look like I’m put together. I’d rather be spending time outside or at the pool than at my makeup desk!! So use products that save you time!
- Waterproof makeup can be a huge help in making sure we don’t look like raccoons when we get out of the pool or walk around on a hot day! Some waterproof formulas I like, some I don’t. Just make sure that you try them out and keep a good makeup remover nearby. They can be tricky to remove!!
- I like to use a primer to prep my face to help make sure my makeup is lasting a decent time! I also like to use a product that helps “set” my makeup. Mally makes the Face Defender and at first I didn’t like it, but it really does help keep my foundation in place for a good part of the day. I’ll link it below!
- I always like to look put together, but still comfortable. Dresses are always a great and easy option for me, but I still like to wear shorts and shirts. They are still light and comfortable, but they can totally be dressed up or down. That’s a great trick for those of you who do work from home. Still get up and get yourself ready. You’ll feel more productive and I always seem to get more work done than when I”m sitting in yoga pants and a sports bra. Don’t kid yourself, those day still happen every once in a while, ha!
- Color! Color! Color! Just like my makeup, I like to add pops of color to my wardrobe! It could even be with my accessories. I love all the bright and pastel colors that everyone wears in the summertime. Save your blacks, whites and darker colors for Fall. Obviously, you can still wear darker colors, but have fun with your wardrobe! Add in different prints and patterns!
- Dress in layers. Sometimes it’s still a little cool in the moorings or night. The Kimonos that are so popular work for a large age group, IF worn appropriately. Find one that is more on the simple side, but maybe a brighter color that you can mix and match with different outfits. I also swear by a blazer. Every woman should own a black blazer and a colored one. They can seriously change an outfit!
- Don’t just wear flip flops. I can be really bad about this, but break out even a nice wedge from time to time. You’ll be really shocked how it can dress up even a simple pair of jeans. Sandals are just as comfortable as flip flops and look a little bit more put together!
I think most of us just want to be cool, comfortable and look presentable without having to put a lot of effort into it. Summer is all about having fun at the pool, hanging outside at BBQ’s with your family and friends and spending time enjoying the beautiful sunshine and warm weather! Keep your beauty and fashion “routine” simple! What would some of your Beauty and Fashion Hot Weather Staples be? Be sure to visit each of the ladies blogs below to see what they picked as their staples!!
- Lisa at Subscription Therapy www.subscriptiontherapy.com
- Sammi at College Beauty Buff – www.collegebeautybuff.com
- Anna at The Anna Belle Blog – http://theannabelleblog.com/
- Michelle at My Beautiful Goodies http://mybeautifulgoodies.com
- Angela at Your Beauty Whisperer http://yourbeautywhisperer.com/2014/08/01/aug2014bloghop
Post contains affiliate links. All thoughts and opinion are my own.