We’ve never had a Saturday Chit-Chat, but here we are. I’ve been wanting to get a new post out this week, but man, I’m still not quite 100% just yet. Rob and I finally left Ohio and are back home. If you didn’t know, Covid hit us hard. So we were a bit delayed coming back to Georgia. I am feeling better. Rob is feeling fine now. I’m still coughing (not near as bad as I was) and I’m still a bit congested, but the BRUTAL headaches and body aches are gone. Whew. I do not want to go through that again anytime soon.
The Queen passed away this week. I just read that her funeral will be held on September 19th at Westminster Abbey. Regardless of the troubles with the Royal Family and their history, her reign was quite incredible.
Today I’m sitting on our porch, sipping a medicine ball tea and LOVING this weather. This is a trick into making me believe that fall is here. This is fake fall. Soon, it will be hot and humid again for at least a week or three. Still, I’ve seen so many reminders that fall is right around the corner. It makes me ready to tackle decorating our front porch and my mantle. I’m ready for woodsy scented candles, cooler weather, warm cider, soup dinners, and bonfires. Anyone else?!?!? Let’s not forget s’mores.
Some of the links featured in this post are affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, you’re helping support Simply Stine. As always, thank you for your support.
- My mom bought a sample of this new Living Proof product and I immediately noticed a difference after using it. My hair was softer, shinier, and did not frizz as easily. I’m picking up a full-size as soon as I head to a Sephora.
- I was sent this Superfruit Lactic + Multifruit 8% AHA Exfoliating Mask to try and have used it several times and really like it! It’s a gentle exfoliating mask that features exfoliating rice powders and fruit-based AHA’s help to brighten and remove dead skin cells. I’m very into it!
- Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty have been great so far! I picked up quite a few products yesterday. Have you checked out the sale? It changes daily!
- I bought this two-in-one toner/moisturizer and will report back after I’ve used it a bit. My skin has been extra dry and craving more hydration. (I’ve used it for almost a week now and so far I think I like it)
- I picked up some new books at a local bookstore: How To Fall Out of Love Madly by Jane Casale and The Dead Romantics by Ashley Poston. I wanted to get All Good People Here by Ashley Flowers, but they were out. (I actually did end up finding it yesterday!)
- Verity is one of the most f’ed up books I’ve ever read, but it’s brilliant. Heads up on trigger warnings. This new release features a new chapter.
- I’ve seen a lot of reviews about this memoir by Javier Zamora, who at the age of 9, left his home in El Salvador, and migrated to the US. All alone.
- New releases for Netflix (I want to watch Devil In Ohio and Blonde!)
- I finally finished the series finale of Killing Eve. I was so bummed. I was not a fan of the ending. It seemed rushed?!?! Am I the only one who felt this way?
- A show I don’t hear a lot of people talk about is For All Mankind on Apple. We just finished the last season that was released and it’s so good. A show that spans different different time periods and is about the space race and what happened if we weren’t the first people on the moon.
Recipes and Cravings
- I made this Chicken Milanese recipe last night and it was delicious and super easy to prepare. Even my husband said the salad dressing was incredible.
- I think I’ll make Beef Empanadas this week using this Cuban Picadillo recipe.
- I swear by this Starbucks copy-cat recipe for their Medicine Ball Tea creation. It’s the best when you’re dealing with a sore throat and cough.
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos?!? Yes.
Buffalo chicken tacos, yes!