The Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stains have been all over the beauty world lately and I can totally see why. I was late in the game picking these up, but I’m really glad that I finally caved in and gave them a try. I had to search a couple of stores to find these, but I finally found them at Walgreens and they were actually on sale buy one get one half off. I only picked up two, BUT I think I’m going to have to search for more. The Walgreens that I was at, only had a couple sitting up by the register. I picked up Rio Rush and Cannes Crush. Both colors were totally impressive.
The formula feels like a gloss at first and once applied, it’s not crazy sticky or tacky, but you can feel it on your lips. It lasted about 4 hours and after that, I simply reapplied again. The color lasted a good length of time. It didn’t stay glossy the entire time, but there was still color on my lips. After the “gloss” disappeared, I barely felt that there was any product on my lips. So for those of you who hate that tacky feeling, you will love this! I found this to be pretty similar to the L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stains, but If I’m being honest, I can’t say which is better because I haven’t used the Revlon product long enough yet to compare.
- The colors I picked up are packed full of color. I seriously want all of them.
- No offensive smell to the formula.
- The packaging is gorgeous!
- The doe foot applicator makes it easy to apply
- It’s not sticky or tacky feeling
- It’s a stain so it LASTS!
- It didn’t really transfer to anything after I had it on for a while. At first, some would probably come off.
- Doesn’t dry out your lips. Actually features Aloe and Vitamin E.
- Price is great at under $10.00
- Have one of the colors on and want to switch to another one (like I did for swatching). Yeah, not a good idea. Once the product is on your lips, the stain really DOES stain your lips that one color. Not a bad thing, unless you’re indecisive! LOL.
- Can still be a little bit hard to find at certain stores. Just take your time or order them online!
I’m really into these lip stains. I also think you could cheat and use these as cheek stains also. Double duty products are always a great thing in my opinion! These are perfect for the person who doesn’t want to have to fuss with their lip colors a lot throughout the day, but wants some sort of color on their lips. These aren’t too shiny, but give a nice gloss to the lips. Again, another drugstore product that looks chic and is just as good as some of the high-end products that are just like it. With twelve colors to choose from, I’m sure you can find one you love!