This week on Influenced The Podcast, Lindsay and I want to talk to you about Blogging. We’re both bloggers and we know that quite a few of you listening are bloggers as well. We had so much to say that we actually had to split it into two episodes. Episode 2 is live and then next week’s episode will be part two as we continue the conversation.
One thing that I want to address is that Lindsay and I plan on keeping our podcast very real. We don’t mean to offend anyone but we plan on being honest about all topics. It’s probably impossible for us to not offend people on certain episodes. We might cuss too much. We might not be on the same side when it comes to politics. However, we also realize that everyone has their own opinion and we respect that!
When it comes to us talking about blogging, we had some major opinions. Just know that we aren’t meaning to offend anyone and we realize that everyone has the right to do what they want to do. We just also feel like we weren’t holding back and we were honest about our feelings when it comes to things like loop giveaways, pods, buying likes, etc.
If you’re not a blogger, you’re probably wondering what the heck all of that was even about. No worries. If you’re curious about the behind-the-scenes life of someone who runs a blog, these next couple of episodes will be great to learn more about what goes into running a blog. Our podcast won’t always be about blogging. We promise!
Show Notes for Influenced The Podcast Episode 2
Welcome to episode 2 of Influenced The Podcast!
Here’s everything we covered on the second episode of the podcast! If you’re looking for more information on something that we covered, the links are below!
Lindsay: Stay Sexy and Don’t Get Murdered
Christine: Rocketman and Aladdin (AMC Stubs A-List Membership)
Lindsay: Working Out (Hates anything involving wrists)
Christine: Cost of groceries and eating healthy
Blogging Part 1:
Lindsay: Bourbon & Lipstick
- Started Blogging in 2011, under a different name. Started back up again in 2014
- Bourbon & Lipstick is a Southern Lifestyle Blog
- Started out primarily as a beauty blog, but realized how expensive it was to keep up with purchasing new releases
- Needed a creative outlet
- The first post was about bras
Christine: Simply Stine
- Started in 2012
- Simply Stine is a Beauty and Southern Lifestyle Blog
- Started out primarily as a hobby as blogs were becoming popular and she was getting asked a lot of questions about related issues
- Evolved beyond beauty as she realized she wanted to spend time sharing more of her life and other issues, topics, etc.
- The first post was about a Bath & Body Works product line
- Social Media (Buying likes, followers, etc)
- Instagram and why we think it’s pretty much the worst at times
- Loop Giveaways
- How to put together a media kit and work on approaching brands for sponsored work, etc
- Why we both question those that ONLY post sponsored content
- We answer if we think blogging has changed since we both started
- The difference between Influencers and Bloggers
We’ll be back next Wednesday for a new episode! We’ll continue this conversation about blogging and answer the questions you sent to us!
June Book Club: The Idea of You by Robinne Lee (Discussing on June 26th Episode)
July Book Club: Columbine by Dave Cullen (Discussing on July 31st Episode)
Please subscribe, rate and review Influenced The Podcast!!
It helps us out so much!